Port Requests

So,

PocketEmul works, but seems a bit slow, and can be difficult because of the screen size, but I'll probably try to package a PND with it.

Turres Monacorum: I compile latest löve from the mercurial repo, with GLES|2. It finaly launch, after many changes (because löve API has changed between 0.9.0 and current 0.10.0). I am at the menu, but the game doesn't start yet (my work is not finished yet on the api changes). The game seems slow with all the effect (many posteffect shader here!), hopefully it will be ok once some are disabled.

Also, I have found SDLPoP. Easy to compile, I have to check the legal aspect of this one...

preview2.png

preview3.png

preview1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ptitSeb :)

What are your concerns about Ogre 1.9.x ?

I don't know whether this also applies to the Pandora or not, but I've found that on their wiki:

Android
We support all devices where the OS version is greater or equal 2.3.3 (this OS version introduced GLES 2.0 support). For older phones / tablets
we still have the GLES 1.1 rendersystem (which is not developed any further).
Furthermore we have partial support for GLES 3.X which should be used on newer devices.

In the past we had several problems with MALI gpu's due the usage of the RTSS - some devices could not handle the auto generated shaders.
But we overcome most problems with the use of the glsl optimizer so that one should be enabled when running on mobile gpu's.
Source

Cheers, Magic Sam

My concern: never succeed to make anything (beside some of the included samples) works with the GLES(2) backend with Ogre. I do have a few things working with glshim backend. But only 4.10 SGX driver works (so gigahertz only), and the engine is quite demanding by itself (CPU + GPU).

Hi all :)

I wonder if it would be possible to get Imerion to port Resource Wars to the Pandora ?

The guy used to be quite active during the GP2X days...

EDIT: some of his games were also released on Pandora.

Cheers, Magic Sam

I am to lazy to fix and package this, but gforth mostly builds out of the box on the Pandora (with notaz's firmware gcc). It fails somewhere, but after two make invocations I could successfully run ./gforth sokoban.fs

Has anyone take a look at Core Breach? Requires OpenGL, OpenAL, SDL, SDL_mixer & freetype, and I know OpenAL has caused issues before...

Has anyone take a look at Core Breach? Requires OpenGL, OpenAL, SDL, SDL_mixer & freetype, and I know OpenAL has caused issues before...
Last time I checked it needed clang for objc++ and shader for opengl. I think gcc has cached up with clang for the objc++ side, but the shader issue stays. But maybe the shaders are not mandatory or easily ported to GLES2?

I don't think it's an easy port anyway, and not sure it will be fast (and will probably never run on CC model).

I saw ingoreis was able to run Steam on Pandora OS (with Exagear) buy AFAIK Steam isn't available in x86 Angstrom repo. Can we use apt-get if we install Exagear on Pandora?

I saw ingoreis was able to run Steam on Pandora OS (with Exagear) buy AFAIK Steam isn't available in x86 Angstrom repo. Can we use apt-get if we install Exagear on Pandora?
I keep putting off setting this up, but I believe Exagear is installed into a Debian chroot, so apt-get would be available in that environment. Steam requires x86, so your only real options are Exagear or QEMU if you want to run off any ARM based console like the Pandora.

Also, I didn't think there was an x86 Angstrom repo. I thought Angstrom was only for ARM.

I keep putting off setting this up, but I believe Exagear is installed into a Debian chroot, so apt-get would be available in that environment. Steam requires x86, so your only real options are Exagear or QEMU if you want to run off any ARM based console like the Pandora.

Also, I didn't think there was an x86 Angstrom repo. I thought Angstrom was only for ARM.
Yeah Exagear installs basically an x86 debian install that runs off an image file. Exagear provides an x86 emulation layer. Steam is installed via the x86 debian repo.  Not entirely sure there is an x86 of angstrom as it's geared for mobile devices, but it's old and crusty anyway....

Well would imagine on the Pandora, everything on it is unplayable. CPU use of just running steam makes any game unusable.

Well would imagine on the Pandora, everything on it is unplayable. CPU use of just running steam makes any game unusable.
You think I want Exagear because of Steam, and wanted Pandora for gaming? :D

Back