Port Requests

I couldn't find the source, so a port for SZ won't happen unless you can find that. You could contact the GoMeals authors to see if they would hand their source over to someone willing to help you port it. You could also boot into Android on your Pandora in order to use it...
I was hoping someone could find the source, by using wither the Android or the iPhone app.

Like I said, I can probably do it from Firefox on the Pandy...so not a huge issue if this can't be done, just would be nice.

I noticed that the brogue version on the Pandora repositories is rather outdated.

Would it be too much to ask for an update?
On it. The update process is a bit weird because I have a patchset with merge conflicts and they only do tarball releases.

Edit: alright, https://github.com/lunixbochs/brogue is ready - just need to build/package
Done. Can someone test https://bochs.info/pnd/brogue.pnd?

Thanks for working on this however it doesn't run for me. I downloaded it a couple times to make sure it wasn't corrupted. CC Pandora here.

=======================================================================================
PND : /media/sda1/pandora/menu/brogue.pnd
PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs
APPDATADIR : /media/sda1/pandora/appdata/brogue
APPDD_FSTYPE : ext4
PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>
EXENAME : ./run
ARGUMENTS : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/utmp/brogue"
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop1,
missing codepage or helper program, or other error
In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmesg | tail or so

WARNING : mount faild, re-tring
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop1,
missing codepage or helper program, or other error
In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmesg | tail or so

ERROR The PND File-system is not mounted !
+++++++
Loopback devices :
/dev/loop0: [0801]:394389 (/media/sda1/pandora/menu/palemoon.pnd)
/dev/loop1: [0801]:261634 (/media/sda1/pandora/menu/brogue.pnd)
Are mounted on :
/dev/loop0 on /mnt/utmp/palemoon type squashfs (ro,relatime)
For these Union :
none on /mnt/utmp/palemoon type aufs (rw,relatime,si=f888c47a)
ERROR: The Union File-system is not mounted !
+++++++
Loopback devices :
/dev/loop0: [0801]:394389 (/media/sda1/pandora/menu/palemoon.pnd)
/dev/loop1: [0801]:261634 (/media/sda1/pandora/menu/brogue.pnd)
Are mounted on :
/dev/loop0 on /mnt/utmp/palemoon type squashfs (ro,relatime)
For these Union :
none on /mnt/utmp/palemoon type aufs (rw,relatime,si=f888c47a)
[ FAILED]--- Mount the PND ----------
Strange, it worked here.

Also, thanks for the PND!

I was trying to compile it myself earlier based on your github work, but make threw an error and I never got around to looking at it.

Strange, it worked here.

Also, thanks for the PND!

I was trying to compile it myself earlier based on your github work, but make threw an error and I never got around to looking at it.
I rebuilt the PND at some point and reuploaded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another failed port attempt...this time at the beginning...i can't start compilation at all.

The game to port is FreeKick3 an interesting clone of SWOS (Sensible World of Soccer)

2012-12-02_122257_6892124921.png

2012-12-02_123619_4607386701.png

Now when i type make the compiler says:

/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/include/c++/4.9.3/bits/c++0x_warning.h 32.2: error #error this file requires compiler and library support for the ISO C++ 2011 standard. This support is currently experimental, and must be enabled with the -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 compiler options.

In the makefile -std=c++11 is present....so...how is possible to compile such a project ?

Yes it does support C++11

Try with -std=gnu++11 or -std=c++14.

I have to check, I started working on this want and had some issue with the screen size (it wants 800x600).

With every options i gave it...these errors remain...the most annoyng thing is that if i type make clean these errors are also showed and slowing down the operations of makefile (that correctly clean the files after this).

I don't know...but if you have already compiled it...i'm very curious in how to do it....but i think i'll leave this port to you...too heavy for my skills

With every options i gave it...these errors remain...the most annoyng thing is that if i type make clean these errors are also showed and slowing down the operations of makefile (that correctly clean the files after this).

I don't know...but if you have already compiled it...i'm very curious in how to do it....but i think i'll leave this port to you...too heavy for my skills
Well, I'm working on Eldritch right now, and it's keeping me busy enough.

Here is part of my Makefile

CXXFLAGS ?= -std=c++11 -O2 -g3 -Werror -ftemplate-depth=512
CXXFLAGS += -Wall -Wshadow -std=gnu++11 -DTIXML_USE_STL=YES -D_GLIBCXX_USE_C99

I hope it helps you (the grabbing of the data is somewhat difficult too, IIRC).

Yes, and it's supposedly pretty good (I haven't really tried yet, I'm saving it for the Pandora if I manage to get it working).

I finally have a picture (and sound), but I doesn't accept my keyboard input :'( So I'm stuck at the Intro screen, with "Press Enter"...

post-5182-0-56737200-1436737345.png

eldritch1.png

AWESOME.  I really want to help with testing it if I can.  I started playing it a while ago, then my character died, then I got distracted by other stuff, then got busy, and never went back to play some more.  I may not have time to actually play it to test it, but I can do some light testing.

I would be really happy if I could play Eldritch on my Pandora.

AWESOME.  I really want to help with testing it if I can.  I started playing it a while ago, then my character died, then I got distracted by other stuff, then got busy, and never went back to play some more.  I may not have time to actually play it to test it, but I can do some light testing.

I would be really happy if I could play Eldritch on my Pandora.
Well, when/if I have something running in an acceptable way, I'll contact you (you have the Steam version or another one?).

I have the Steam version (thanks to DREDD).  I think I remember seeing someone else ask about it a while back, possibly in this thread.

If there is anything else I can do to help please let me know.

I have the Steam version (thanks to DREDD).  I think I remember seeing someone else ask about it a while back, possibly in this thread.

If there is anything else I can do to help please let me know.
I have the Steam version too. I will be instered if someone has the non-Steam version.

But for now, it's still not working properly, I'll create a Private Beta when/if I get it ready.

Would it be possible for you to "port" opsu! ?
It starts up when using the Minecraft Launcher with the .jar and swap (on CC, at least). However, the database does not work, so neither existing songs can be loaded nor the downloader can import any, so gameplay doesn't work.
Minimal supported resolution is 800x480, though this might be just an arbitrary restriction and work just fine when removed from the code.

Finaly got Eldritch to run.

I got to hack the source to make it runs with newer dataset (as Steam doesn't have the ability to Downgrade a version). Now, the Start screen has proprer sized text, react to my keyboard input, etc...

post-5182-0-72946400-1436861718.png

But I was than greated by a superbly black gameplay screen :'(

post-5182-0-14388300-1436861730.png

The point is, Eldritch is an OpenGL 2.1 game. It wants shaders. So for this port, I hacked some OpenGL2 -> GLES2 messing, that kindof work (plus the shaders are part of the game assets, and so are no free to distribute, so I have to patch them on the fly)... But a Black game play? I recorded the game with PVRTrace, and saw that ... it works in PVRTrace !

post-5182-0-68460500-1436862063.png

After a few hours of messing and testing, I found the issue: most of the gameplay is rendered in a Framebuffer (and than blitted on the screen with a sophisticated shader that handle Gamma correction). The Framebuffer is set to screen size, so 800x480. Even if GLES2 do support Non-Power of 2 texture, and that the SGX also support NPOT extension, it seems Framebuffer doesn't support being a NPOT size ! So I set the size to 512x256 (to get some speed), and it worked!

post-5182-0-23812900-1436861734.png

And as you can see, the small Framebuffer doesn't alter the rendering too badly. I have set the filtering to GL_NEAREST, so get Pixels. I think it fit the art of the game quite well, so I will probably let it like that.

For now, it's still a bit slow on my Gigahertz. I'm try to find ways to accelerate it (like remove the blit "gamma" shader and put a simpler one, and use hardware Gamma instead).

I hope to have some beta PND soon. If some are interested in beta testing (you need the orignal game of course), give me a PM...

*EDIT* Just notice I am still missing some texture (hands, full body when looking in the mirror...).

eldritch1.png

eldritch2.png

eldritch3.png

DevEldritch.png

Back