Port Requests

Thanks so much ptitSeb! Flare is shaping up to be a great game, I'm sure a lot of us here will appreciate your work
I have a working build of Flare. And Flare is looking great indeed. I played with a mouse and it was very enjoiable.

I'll also make a PND with polymorphable while I'm at it :)

Thanks so much ptitSeb! Flare is shaping up to be a great game, I'm sure a lot of us here will appreciate your work
I have a working build of Flare. And Flare is looking great indeed. I played with a mouse and it was very enjoiable.

I made a PND with Flare 0.19, first to upload wins? ;)

Offtopic: I need some help with newer sgx drivers.

I made a PND with Flare 0.19, first to upload wins? ;)

Offtopic: I need some help with newer sgx drivers.
I wanted to update the existing Flare PND, so I waited for Sebt3.

What kind of help on the SGX driver?

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting for his response too.

Bitfighter and zSilencer that use SDL2. With defaults drivers they work but not with newer ones.

Waiting for his response too.

Bitfighter and zSilencer that use SDL2. With defaults drivers they work but not with newer ones.
I haven't looked much SDL2 and new drivers. I know the SDL2 version from inside current codeblocks doesn't like them.

I have to try again with the 2.0.1 I compiled for RickyD. Also, for GFMTSERFGJ I think undexsym compiled another version too.

Anyone ever played Kan Gao's "To The Moon"? It's one of thos emotionally touching story-based games. Unforunately it uses some form of the RPGMAKER engine, which is exclusively .net

But it seems now someone has ported the game to their own opensource engine, for linux! Would this be an easy port, considering it likely already has OpenGL support?

http://freebirdgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=5094.0

Would this be an easy port, considering it likely already has OpenGL support?

It having OpenGL can complicate things actually, The Pandora and well most other ARM devices with PowerVR GPUs don't have true OpenGL support(well not in native Linux), it has OpenGL-ES. So the code would either need to be converted to OpenGL-ES or use an OpenGL implementation made by Lunixboch which may or may not work well depending on what this game uses for OpenGL features.. 

Anyone ever played Kan Gao's "To The Moon"? It's one of thos emotionally touching story-based games. Unforunately it uses some form of the RPGMAKER engine, which is exclusively .net

But it seems now someone has ported the game to their own opensource engine, for linux! Would this be an easy port, considering it likely already has OpenGL support?

http://freebirdgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=5094.0
"To run mkxp, you should have a graphics card capable of at least OpenGL 2.0 with an up-to-date driver installed." - so nope :p

I'm using SDL 2.01 from RickyD pnd, i will try the other one too, thx.
Oh, OK. tell me if it doesn't work, and I'll try some "dirty patch" to make it work...
It didn't work, so any dirty patch, is very welcome, ;)
Done.

I have hacked an EGL Context compatible with FB only drivers.

Grab the RickyD PND for the updated binaries.

If you want to compile yourself, the hacking occur in src/video/SDL_egl.c

line 192 become

_this->egl_data->egl_display = _this->egl_data->eglGetDisplay(/*native_display*/EGL_DEFAULT_DISPLAY); //*SEB* PANDORA FB only (no window mode)Done.
and the 410-413 are changed to

Code:
    return _this->egl_data->eglCreateWindowSurface(
            _this->egl_data->egl_display,
            _this->egl_data->egl_config,
            /*nw*/NULL, NULL); // *SEB* PANDORA FB only
I warned you, hugly hacks ;)

Of course, with those modification, do not try some Windowed mode...

Back