Port Requests

Half-Life Gold is an unfinished mod, I think you can release the PND even if that doesn't work perfectly. You can always update it later.

nice video. you seems to have the same weapon bug I have. hopefully updating to 1.1.1.0 will allow you to try first player... it seems to work rather well here beside the weapon problem...

Hi all :)

@ ptitSeb: first things first, congratulations on porting Xash3D to the Pandora ! I can't wait to try it ! I have a very old "backup copy" somewhere, but I doubt I could patch it successfully ;) I guess I just have to find a more legit copy now. 

Do the developers really started from scratch ? Wouldn't starting from Quake 1 / QuakeWorld engine be faster ?

Regarding SiN now, as this game uses a modified version of Quake II engine (open source), I'm pretty confident someone will have a go at it, someday :) Besides, this game has already been ported to Linux (x86 and PPC) by Hyperion Entertainment. Maybe they'd be willing to share their code with us ? 

EDIT: just sent the guys an email.

Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
SiN I have tried a little bit, but with no success. I haven't tried very hard, but it can surely help to have a (private) access to the linux sources! ;)

it might be based on quake2, but all the console things, localised damage, damage on the skins, camera, armor and item drops/pick-up and loads of other things are not part of Q2, reimplementing all that would be pretty hard...if someone where to do that they'll start with Q2 engine, and the "gamex86.dll" that was open sourced for mod creation... but it would definately be a huge work I think...

Xash3D is looking exciting! I never played much of Half-Life 1, so this would give me a good excuse to run through it.

Also, I would like to request an updated port of XNP2 (Neko Project 2, PC98 emulator). There have been a couple of updates since the release of the Pandora PND, and the current PND released has issues with generating necessary files.

Last edited by a moderator:
^It looks good, mentions it is open source, but can't find any links to the actual source code.

Back