Release Polyhedra Beta Test

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Im at the point where I would like to beta test Polyhedra. I plan to submit it as an entry to the rebirth compo.

I would prefer those that have pandora and a caanoo or wiz.

I am looking for these testers to find bugs and also suggest ideas to enhance the use of the engine. The engine gameplay features are a bit raw so theres some flexibility to effect where the final version ends.

Of course this also means that who I choose will need to keep links and files to themselves as it would violate the compo rules.

If interested send me a PM.

[also interested in anyone that would like to contribute 3d models, textures, music, etc.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if he's around here much lately, or even if he has any free time, but Gregor did some music for one of my games, and it was damn good, so he gets my recommendations :D

I was considering beta testing, but I've actually got my own project on the go, so probably won't have any time. Good luck in the compo

I can do beta-testing, I usually give rather elaborate reports, but I need to find the time and you will have much better luck at grabbing me when communicating through some sort of IM (I am on IRC from time to time, but other methods are preferred).

I have a Pandora, but no other device (apart from x86 PC).

For music I can wholeheartedly recommend Nick Mey (here or on gp32x.de) - he did the musik for Wandor, Greyout (for the next version) and Puzzletube.

I have an updated version for those that have the link to the beta test.

Changes include:

Fog feature

Shield eyecandy

Particle explosion eyecandy

Different player model, switched to non avergaing normals

Improved powerup apperance (still needs some different models to help identify the types)

Overall engine improvments and fixes. (Mainly removing redunant state change calls in opengl)

Some various changes to the levelset configuartion, for exmaple the player should be faster than last version)

Note: if anyone tries the gph versions, fog is far from perfect and shield blending does not blend. Might be limitations in the hardware, so I dont know what i can do.

Just wanted to jump in and say I got a reproduce-able crash on the Input-menu screen, when just entering the menu and moving the cursor (which at the start is not visible) down over the first menu entry (being "Deadzone").

Here is a corresponding pndrun output: http://pastebin.com/Gyz6xND2

Using Hotfix 7b1, Pre-Rebirth Pandora.

Also the game locked up the graphics driver after I completed a new game and got back to the menu after the high-score screen (haven't had time to reproduce it yet, so might be a random thing).

Besides that it's a nice looking game, sadly a tad short, I especially enjoyed the ironic introductory texts. There will be a full "review" in the next ITB issue.

Foxblock, this actually wasnt really meant to be the actually entry, I just ran out of time. Actually quake2 happened :p

The settings menu is work in progress and known to crash.

I had planed to create more levels for the entry, I may still update it.

Haha, okay I see

Looking forward to it being finished then :)

You asked for feedback, here it is:

• Cool game principle: 3D shooter, but moving only on a 2D plane normal to your opponents.
  • Now only the content/theming is missing. I hope you'll get some contributions.
  • Navigational improvement: Insert a screen or transition between game end and highscore input, because the key for shooting is the same as for confirming letters in the highscore editor. Likely the user still has the the shoot key triggered, thus immediately confirms the name input, resulting in "AAA".

Back