Polls About The Xgp Kids

With its current specs, do you plan to purchase XGP Kids?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shinneri

Certified Guru
Website
www.gpnewbie.com
Feel free to elaborate through comments on your response to any of these questions. Once enough people have responded, I will send the link to Gamepark for them to review.

EDIT: If you state that you would purchase an XGP Kids with its current specs (and believe they don't need to be changed), please respond No to the second question and comment that you are pleased with the current specs. Sorry. I should have made a response like that.

Thanks for making the poll! :D I would totally buy it if it had 320x240 resolution. More RAM would be nice for devs too, I guess. I really do hope they change their minds about this, as it would be a good decision. I would guess everybody here wants a mini gp32! :D You should have added a question about the name, too. I(and most others)don't want to be asked what we are playing and replying with: "it's an xgp *kids*". ;)

EDIT: they should call it the "32plus"

I would be no more or less likely to buy it with a larger screen. If it is cheap, I would buy it anyway.

I'm really thinking about getting it. I'm kind of hoping something like JoyGP comes back so I can buy games online. That is for both GP32 and XGPkids...

I would say don't request for upgraded specs. D-pad and screen resolution is enough.

I am sorry happy to say that the GP2X is everything I'm looking for in a handheld of any kind. I'm not likely to buy any new such devices in the following years regardless of price, specs, or the company who manufactures it.

- Alex

JaqMs posted on Sep 4 2006 at 08:58 PM said:
I would say don't request for upgraded specs. D-pad and screen resolution is enough.
I agree. Higher specs would make it too expensive and too similar to the mini. GP32 was able to do a LOT with near identical specs. I think that the larger resolution is a must, however; the system would be too hindered by the current small resolution.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not even really interested in it unless it is backwards compatible with the GP32 and ALL of it's games/applications.

If it doesn't have backwards compatibility, I want nothing to do with it.

Wow. Unfortunately, the poll is starting to look biased. Obviously most people here like the GP2X, so that's probably why there are so many no's in the second question.

JaqMs posted on Sep 4 2006 at 10:41 PM said:
Wow. Unfortunately, the poll is starting to look biased. Obviously most people here like the GP2X, so that's probably why there are so many no's in the second question.
Or maybe it's because they don't want to buy it...

And you're one to talk about biased.

Well if the GP2X had a poll like this before it was released, don't you think it would look a little different maybe? It doesn't help GP if a bunch of people just say that they don't want to get it. This poll should only be for people that are/will be interested in buying the GPKids.

The polls are not biased. It's just the genuine opinions of the community--regardless of if it's not such good news for Gamepark.

They have an uphill battle on their hands. The GP2X has taken off like wildfire, if you consider it in terms of how small the community is, and there's very strong loyalty to GPH. Honestly, I'm intrigued by Gamepark's offerings, and I'd really like to see them successful. But as it stands, I think their vision for the Kids is not entirely likely.

Still, it's too early to make any conclusion about these polls.

JaqMs posted on Sep 4 2006 at 11:06 PM said:
Well if the GP2X had a poll like this before it was released, don't you think it would look a little different maybe? It doesn't help GP if a bunch of people just say that they don't want to get it. This poll should only be for people that are/will be interested in buying the GPKids.

There WERE polls like this, and GPH actually listened to the community and what we wanted. That's the only reason we have 64mb of RAM instead of 32mb, volume buttons that can act as regular game buttons, TV Out, etc.

The people that have been here a while actually remember all those polls

Reason why I wouldnt buy it is because i've got a GP2X already.

Personally I'm more interested in a GP2X with high quality d-pad and upgraded (speed-wise and NOT neccessarily different chip to maintain compatibility) CPU.

If GPH made a 400mhz+ version i'd sell my GP2X straight away and get the new 1. Thats just me though, I want a little more power...

What will be the pricetag? The GP2X is just too big to use as MP3 Player I found out, but the XGP Kids would be an iPod killer :)

Also I would like to see full audio-file support. For homebrew and Emulation I already have an GP2X.

I've said this in another thread.

1). Must be GP32 compatible. This also means a 320x240 screen.
2). D-PAD would be great. 2 Extra buttons would be really nice too.
3). 16MB would be great.
4). CPU speed at least 133Mhz; 166Mhz or higher would be great.
5). Don't call it GPKiDS. Like someone else said, expand on the known GP32 /GP2X name. Maybe, GP1X :)

Back