Poll: Are You Going To Buy A Pandora?

This might sound like a stupid question to ask here. I am actually more interested in seeing the num

• Yes, I will be one of the first 3100 people to get one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, if I have the money for it when it comes out

• I plan to wait until I see if Pandora is sucessful before I buy one

• No, I most likely will not buy one

• Total voters

I have no money but if there will be a competition I'll enter it for sure :D (this way I'll give back something to the comunity)

jdh2550 said:
Sony PSP slim (x2)
I will point out that, if you like commercial quality games with all the latest graphics and whatnot (and let's not kid ourselves, the commercial arena currently produces higher quality games) get a PSP. If you want a huge library of software, playable media, and emulated games (which may or may not be as fun as commercial games for you), not to mention the keyboard, better analog sticks, and TV-out, the Pandora is for you.

Also, if you want a high-powered experience with some mobility, a laptop is definitely your weapon of choice. No handheld device can do what a good $1500 laptop can.

It's your decision, and it all depends on what you want. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
pcklee123 said:
What can I buy with $399?

Asus EEEPC
OLPC (x2 one as donation)
Nokia N810
Everex Cloudbook
Elonex One (x2)
USED Sharp Zaurus SLC1000
Sony PSP slim (x2)
Used Sony PSP (x3)
Apple iphone/ ipod touch
Yep, you sure can. I don't really have any interest in these products though. I've been waiting for Pandora ever since I found out that emulation existed and can think of a million other uses for it. I thought that I was getting what I wanted with the GP2X but lack of full speed SNES and Wifi kind of limited it. Also having to spend a ton of money to turn it into a console was a real bummer since most games don't support it. This product is so targeted at me it isn't even funny. I can't imagine anything coming out that will top this thing for many many years. I can't wait to see what the dev community does with this thing and pray that I can find time to make some awesome games myself.

I will definatelly buy one of these!! I am extremelly confident that this system will be very sucessfull!! Keep up the good work craigx!! Hats off to you and your team!! Cant wait to get my hand on a pandora. Where can we pre-order one and how do I go about in do ing so?

Cheers

Protecteur :p

javaJake said:
jdh2550 said:
Sony PSP slim (x2)
I will point out that, if you like commercial quality games with all the latest graphics and whatnot (and let's not kid ourselves, the commercial arena currently produces higher quality games) get a PSP. If you want a huge library of software, playable media, and emulated games (which may or may not be as fun as commercial games for you), not to mention the keyboard, better analog sticks, and TV-out, the Pandora is for you.

Also, if you want a high-powered experience with some mobility, a laptop is definitely your weapon of choice. No handheld device can do what a good $1500 laptop can.

It's your decision, and it all depends on what you want. :)

Well all the key points up there for the Pandora are of my interest because I already have a PSP and a laptop, but I was wanting something a bit more portable than my laptop for gaming and something that doesn't ghost like my PSP on homebrew so hopefully the Pandora will provide and fulfill my needs. :D

Magnulus said:
christo930 said:
Magnulus said:
At the moment, my wedding in august kind of takes precedence over the Pandora, so I'll probably have to wait until the third batch.
You are looking at this completely wrong! Once you get married, you will have to justify the purchase to your wife, who will, if she is like most of the women I know, ask what's wrong with your gp2x? Do you have any idea how many pairs of shoes can be purchased with nearly $400? Then there is the inevitable children you'll need to save for, the house or the bigger house, the bigger car... Women also don't want to live on beer and pizza. Most of them want good quality and variety of food, so expect larger food bills. And you will be absolutely amazed at how many different hair care / beauty products the average woman needs. How many brushes can one woman use? 10-? 20? Don't be surprised. My wife has a Tupperware thing of brushes and combs and thats just brushes and combs. Buy it as soon as it comes out, it will increase the chance that you'll be able to get it at all:)

Chris

But in the end, their worth it and we love em.

Why d'you think I've been living with her for four years already? I've already scoped out the price of my woman long in advance, and i've made sure I got a model that's non-compatible with children. Also: Beer and pizza are more expensive than a balanced, healthy diet in any case, so we've steered ourselves in that direction anyway. Also, I made sure to get a girl with feet that require a specific type of shoe, so she tends to not have a lot of different pairs. We're both students, so houses are out of the question, and we live in Edinburgh so we have no use for a car.

Sorry, mate. I'm afraid you must have gotten a bad deal on your wife unit. You should try for the money-back guarantee! :D

Despite all the trade-offs of a wife, I don't think another one would put up with me:) Besides, do you know how much the money back guarantee costs? No matter how big and fancy a wedding is, the divorce is always more expensive! Hey, CONGRATULATIONS on the marriage, I wish you and your fiancee' a happy life together.

Chris

christo930 said:
Despite all the trade-offs of a wife, I don't think another one would put up with me:) Besides, do you know how much the money back guarantee costs? No matter how big and fancy a wedding is, the divorce is always more expensive! Hey, CONGRATULATIONS on the marriage, I wish you and your fiancee' a happy life together.

Chris
*chuckles* Thanks, man. You seem pretty happy yourself! ^_^

Magnulus said:
christo930 said:

Chris
*chuckles* Thanks, man. You seem pretty happy yourself! ^_^

I'll echo the congratulations. But 2 *very important* words for you Magnulus. WEDDING LIST!! :D

Back to the question - I will echo b_o_b, its nice being in at the start - the excitement of progress is very much part of the ownership experience. Was rather late to the gp32, nice and early for the gp2x and even more keen to be early for pandora to support the team putting it together as well as enjoying the ride...

Wot £199 for pandora :blink: , i paid that for my EEE pc.
think i will modify my jeans to fit it into my pockets.. :D
still looking forward to getting one though... :p

Zarneth said:
My Vote really depends on the availability of Australian shipping. :unsure:

This is gonna be a bitch for Australians. Play-Asia will probably be the only Asia-Pacific distributor of the Pandora.

I'll wait till everything has been perfected, and there's a decent amount of apps ported/made for it, and then I'll buy one.

Back