Who received a fully working Pandora ?

• Yes Me.

Votes: 82 73.2%
  • No Not Me.

Votes: 30 26.8%

• Total voters

Cas

HI All

While I am sitting waiting for my Pandora to arrive I thought I would ask a question.

There are now many Pandoras out there.

The only ones people seem to post about are the ones that arrive with problems/faults, which

is the way with all forums, you hardly ever hear about the good ones.

There has to to be many more people with fully working ones, so to while away a bit of time I thought

I would start this poll.

Arrived in picture perfect condition. The only problems I have had with my little Pandora is my own lack of knowledge on how to correctly utilise it. But I'm learning, it's working, and I have no alarming issues whatsoever.

My first one ended up with the purple tint of death which I was able to fix myself with a new LCD cable.

My second one (which I gave to a friend who is still waiting for his actual one to arrive, which he will give me when it does) is apparently flawless so far.

Well mine arrived today perfectly fine, the only issues I have are with its design, just little things though. Like the shoulder buttons feel a bit stiff I imagine they will loosen on their own, the a,b,x,y buttons don't feel as nice as the dpad (which is fantastic btw) and the power switch is a little too recessed making it difficult to reach. However the rest is just how i was hoping it would be. Oh and one more thing it appears to be missing that label that's just under the battery, is that normal for a premium?

Last edited by a moderator:
my left shoulder button wouldnt click, it took 5 minutes to fix other than that everything was mint. wifi was a little dodgy on certain networks when i first got it. now at hf5 rc2 its fast enough and works quite well. it is hands down the coolest toy i own.

The right sd slot is busted. A card works if i can get it in but there's no spring, so no click-click like a normal slot. The left one works perfectly. OP, you really need to test this before you ship.

To me sd slots in general require too much force to insert/eject, but that's not OP's fault.

Mine is perfect! But had the same problem about the sticky shoulder button. But that kinda just fixed itself.

I have a bad left shoulder button (version w/o foam pads) which doesn't have any tactile feedback.

I put in a piece of paper which fixed it, but only for a while :(

Aside from this I have some minor aesthetic problems (like the paint breaking of my d-pad).

Right nub didn't have enough glue and came off.... fixed with more glue. Other than that perfect.

I have a tiny scratch and a missing rubber foot on the lid. Thankfully those where my "issues"... Other than that though, perfectly functioning!

First unit came with dead nubs, second had the screen die, third (current) is unable to read the battery life (a replacement battery is being sent, hopefully that fixes that). I'm pretty certain I'm one of only a few who have had such bad luck, but at this point I do wonder if it's possible for me to get a fully working unit.

My first unit had an odd battery drain issue even when off. The replacement unit is perfect, 0 flaws.

Twiitcher

My first Pandora worked well for the first 4 months I had it, then the LCD went. It also had a slightly wonky A Button, sometimes got stuck on a press and wasn't as smooth as the others. Post RMA, this unit came back SOLID, everything was great, A button still has slight wonk factor, but not a show-stopper anywhere I've found. The newer case was a nice upgrade over what was initially received. Everything was tighter and just pretty freaking great. My nubs have held up and it was with the nubs in mind and the fact it is one of the first 100 units that I decided to order a Premium.

My Premium arrived with a non-working L Shoulder button. Upon attempting to take apart the unit, I noticed there were only 4 screws instead of 5. There was no female innards of the case for the screw between the two shoulder buttons to dock. The remainder of the case had issues then staying together. I attribute this to a case coming out of the mold poorly, lots of medicine, and lack of sleep. I immediately knew there was no saving this Pandora. I tried swapping out various parts of my other Pandora to no avail.

I sent it off two weeks ago via US International Priority Mail insured for $500 and received acknowledgement of its arrival at Village Hall Pandora Factory last Thursday. Debs (one of Craig's staff) let me know that my replacement would be dispatched within 7 days. I'm waiting for word, hoping for tomorrow, but am in no hurry. I have a working Pandora, I would just like to preserve it since it has working nubs.

Not having backup for this is criminal if you have the disposable income.

*knock on wood*

I've got one of the first off the original line (#50 or something), and its working great so far. So early on, I think those are the ones bound for death, but so far... :)

jeff

Back