Pocket Snes Update

christo930

I was looking at the new update to the snes emulator and I was wondering if some of the improvements, such as more arm assembly used in the emulator, would benefit the gp2x version. Can the new version simply be compiled for the gp2x? Can anyone bring over the applicable improvements to the gp2x version?

Chris

Pulled source. Makefile seems to be for gp2x but compile has errors. Tried to clean up some naming conventions (gp2x_ mismatch) but still get errors.

spc700a.o: In function `spc700_execute':
C:\devkitGP2X\_compiles\pocketsnes/spc700a.s:50: multiple definition of `spc700_execute'
spc700a.o:C:\devkitGP2X\_compiles\pocketsnes/spc700a.s:50: first defined here
spc700a.o: In function `Spc700JumpTab':
C:\devkitGP2X\_compiles\pocketsnes/spc700a.s:4523: multiple definition of `Spc700JumpTab'
spc700a.o:C:\devkitGP2X\_compiles\pocketsnes/spc700a.s:4523: first defined here
make: *** [pocketsnesd.gpe] Error 1

Maybe HoH can shed some light or compile for us. I'm not using Open2x toolchain so that may be it as well.

bman said:
Pulled source. Makefile seems to be for gp2x but compile has errors. Tried to clean up some naming conventions (gp2x_ mismatch) but still get errors.

spc700a.o: In function `spc700_execute':
C:\devkitGP2X\_compiles\pocketsnes/spc700a.s:50: multiple definition of `spc700_execute'
spc700a.o:C:\devkitGP2X\_compiles\pocketsnes/spc700a.s:50: first defined here
spc700a.o: In function `Spc700JumpTab':
C:\devkitGP2X\_compiles\pocketsnes/spc700a.s:4523: multiple definition of `Spc700JumpTab'
spc700a.o:C:\devkitGP2X\_compiles\pocketsnes/spc700a.s:4523: first defined here
make: *** [pocketsnesd.gpe] Error 1

Maybe HoH can shed some light or compile for us. I'm not using Open2x toolchain so that may be it as well.

Hmm I had the same error when compiling to the Pandora, I think there were some files that were being included more than once in the makefile. Try to compare it to the wiz makefile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hitnrun said:
Hmm I had the same error when compiling to the Pandora, I think there were some files that were being included more than once in the makefile. Try to compare it to the wiz makefile.
Thanks, that did it.

Here are my changes. Confirmed working on F200 4.0.2.

Makefile
- removed: -fprofile-use , spc700a.o

cpuexec.cpp
- removed:
if (SA1.Executing)
S9xSA1MainLoop ();
DO_HBLANK_CHECK ();

cpuops.cpp
- changed:
// if (Settings.SA1) S9xSA1ExecuteDuringSleep ();
// CPU.Cycles = CPU.NextEvent;
// //S9xUpdateAPUTimer();
// asm_APU_EXECUTE2();
// } else {

main.cpp
- changed:
gp_sound_volume -> gp2x_sound_volume
gp_timer_read -> gp2x_timer_read

Last edited by a moderator:
ughh; really slow compared to 6.4.5. FPS shows 5 vs 15 on same save slot I checked. I'll wait for HoH to optimize.

It this the wiz 7.0 version we are talking about? Has the source been released somewhere?

Does anyone know what the email address is of the author of the new version? It's not listed in the readme.txt that was included in the archive of emulators that I downloaded pertaining to the contest (there were 2 archives, one of games and one of emulators). I would love to see the a decent increase in the performance of the snes emulator for the gp2x. There is absolutely no reason that full speed snes emulation isn't possible in the gp2x given the performance of other emulators available for the machine.

This thread got me excited. I would also love to see some improvement for pocketsnes on gp2x. Just played a couple of games yesterday and I noticed that a lot of games that should be rather simple to emulate (Aladdin for example) have slow downs that should not occur. I never noticed this before, only on larger and more complicated games.

Back