Neo Geo Pocket Color Emulator

sukhi-2006

I've installed the new version of neo geo pocket emulator it comes up with error saying cannot access directory i've installed the rom inside the race folder, what am i doing wrong can someone help.

IIRC (and its been a while since I've last used RACE!), it doesn't like roms with too long of filenames. Rename them. As for where to put the roms, RTFM, I can't be arsed to look it up ATM.

AND PLEASE DON'T SHOUT, MKAY?

Also use the search function please, this has been covered countless times before.

The file race_config contains:

#path to base directory for file explorer
baseDir=/mnt/sd/roms/ngpc/

You could either put your roms in /roms/ngpc on your SD card, or change that line to point to the correct folder...

Plans to put a menu in are there, I just lack time & can be quite easily distracted...

Thanks man, sonic works in full speed what a amazing game it is.
Did you know the emulator is full screen.

Heh, I added the (ugly, but functional) screen scaling, so yeah, I know that it has full screen support ;)

when playing a game how do i get to rom list?
By pressing L + R and start quit the emulator.

Duddyroar said:
Does this emulator work with the F200? I can't seem to get it to work at all.
Yes, it works on the F-200.

1. Create the default ROMs folder: "sd/roms/ngpc"
2. Add your uncompressed ROMs there
3. Make sure their filenames are not longer than 31 characters (including the file extension)
4. Make sure that the number of files in the folder is less than or equal to 254 files

Last edited by a moderator:
sukhigp said:
when playing a game how do i get to rom list?
By pressing L + R and start quit the emulator.
This happens because selector does not get called after RACE quits. I wrote a wrapper you can use here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back