Grand Theft Auto Advance

paulobecker

Website
paulobecker.deviantart.com
I was trying to play GTA Advance using the latest version of the GPSP emulator, but everytime I fire the game up, right after the initial dialogue that happens when starting a new game, I get booted back to the menu (the GP2X menu, not the emulator menu).

Did anyone manage to play this game yet?

Broken game, it's a timing bug (fortunately GBA games rarely rely much on timing but this one does accidentally). It'll probably go away when I actually emulate timing for DMA transfers.

Exophase said:
Broken game, it's a timing bug (fortunately GBA games rarely rely much on timing but this one does accidentally). It'll probably go away when I actually emulate timing for DMA transfers.
Oh, sweet. Always nice to hear it from the man :)
Thanks a lot! And I mean not only for the info but for all the hard work you've put into the emulator as well. Sometimes I feel I can never thank you guys enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:
Is that also, by any chance the cause for Mario Golf Advance Tours resetting before you input your character name?

Metalwario64 said:
Exophase said:
Is that also, by any chance the cause for Mario Golf Advance Tours resetting before you input your character name?

No, that's probably because Camelot sucks (and loves to use heavy self modifying code in their games). I'm changing the way SMC is dealt with anyway so...

the same happens with me, I have tried like 6 different ROM dumps and the same thing happens.

Back