Beta Pndstore

Oooh it worked :) The first start failed for some reason but the second worked and it updated 3 programs! Thanks a lot for this! It's just what I needed.

No use for a video yet; it just asks "update local? update remote? upgrade these packages?" It's pretty boring for now. But I'm working on a real GUI.

Also, looks like you got the wrong thread on that last post :p .

peelie was getting the same problem. Are you using sebt3's beta pnd_run.sh? That was apparently the cause of peelie's problems. I don't know what changes sebt3 made to it, or if the problem lies in pnd_run.sh or PNDstore, but hopefully sebt3 can take a look at it.

Tempel said:
I don't know what changes sebt3 made to it, or if the problem lies in pnd_run.sh or PNDstore, but hopefully sebt3 can take a look at it.
I rewrote the argument parsing to get rid of some issues...

Anyhow, now pnd_run.sh is not the issues anymore, but now I get an error.

EDIT: forget that second run worked :)
good job !

I had a few apps updated.
A wait bar (use zenity --progress --pulsate --text "Doing this") would be nice while working.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a better idea: a real GUI!

This one also supports app install and removal (appdata removal will come later, though). It's not threaded yet, so any large operations (like installation and updating) will make it appear locked up while it's working (a threaded GUI with a statusbar and stuff will also come later). But PyGTK seems good at swallowing errors, so it shouldn't break easily. But if it doesn't do what you expect, or it somehow manages to crash, let me know what's in the .out file. If it manages to behave exactly as you expect, let me know that too so I can quickly finalize this release and get on to a fancier one.

not running getting this error (i do have sebt new beta pnd_run)

=======================================================================================
[21h39m20 START ]=== Mount the PND ==================================================
[21h39m20 INFO ] Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop3" "/mnt/pnd/pndstore"
[21h39m21 INFO ] Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/PANDORA1/pandora/appdata/pndstore=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/pndstore=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/pndstore"
[21h39m21 SUCCESS ]=== Mount the PND ==================================================
[21h39m21 START ]=== Starting the application (wrapper.sh --working-dir=.) ==========
[21h39m25 INFO ] Traceback (most recent call last):
[21h39m25 INFO ] File "./PNDstore", line 22, in <module>
[21h39m26 INFO ] p = PNDstore()
[21h39m26 INFO ] File "/mnt/utmp/pndstore/pndstore_gui/__init__.py", line 12, in __init__
[21h39m27 INFO ] os.path.join( os.path.dirname(__file__), 'PNDstore.glade') )
[21h39m27 ERROR ] glib.GError: Failed to open file '/mnt/utmp/pndstore/pndstore_gui/PNDstore.glade': No such file or directory
[21h39m28 FAILED ]=== Starting the application (wrapper.sh --working-dir=.) ==========
[21h39m29 START ]=== uMount the PND =================================================
[21h39m29 INFO ] cleanup done
[21h39m29 SUCCESS ]=== uMount the PND

I've now finalized version 0.2. It's still up on my site. All of openpandora.org seems to be down right now, but as soon as it's back up, 0.2 will be in milkshake's repository. If you're using version 0.1 or one of the recent betas, it will be able to update itself automatically.

EDIT: The site's back up, and 0.2 has made its way there.

EDIT 2: Argh, I just found a bug in the version comparison function. The fix is uploaded to the repo, but it means that beta versions of 0.2 might not be able to update themselves. Anyone on 0.1 will still get the automatic update, but my lovely beta testers will need to update PNDstore manually. Just this once, I promise.

I have two suggestions:

1. The list should be seperated into two sections, "Installed" and "Available" (with the ability to hide/show either section).
2. It should ignore the programs stored on the NAND.

Also, I'm getting this error when updating the lists:

The following errors were detected in update_local:
Could not process /media/PANDORA-SD1/pandora/apps/pcsx_rearmed_r8.pnd: TypeError ("'NoneType' object is not iterable",)

Zero3K said:

Could not process /media/PANDORA-SD1/pandora/apps/pcsx_rearmed_r8.pnd: TypeError ("'NoneType' object is not iterable",)
Fixed just now with version 0.2.2. Thanks for letting me know.

Zero3K said:
1. The list should be seperated into two sections, "Installed" and "Available" (with the ability to hide/show either section).
I was planning to implement sorting features that would handle this. So you could sort by any of the listed fields, including the field that shows the status icon. That way, you could quickly group applications that are installed, that have upgrades available, or are in the repo but not installed. Would that be good for you?

Zero3K said:
I hadn't thought of that. I can see your reason - I'm sure the wifi scripts aren't going to be updated through milkshake's repo - but I still don't really want to go there. By default, it sees all the PNDs that libpnd sees. Should I be ignoring any that are on the NAND? What if people like to store a few favourite PNDs on the NAND? What if people change libpnd's default searchpath; what directories should I be ignoring then? I don't think there's an elegant solution.

Custom Processing Unlimite said:
old one worked... new one doesn't... no out file to report...

will restart and try again
Any luck? I'm guessing it still didn't work for you. If the old one was running, nothing should have stopped the new one from running. But the outfile name would have changed slightly to pndrun_pndstore0.2.2.0.out or something to that effect, so make sure you didn't miss it.

Tempel said:
Zero3K said:

Fixed just now with version 0.2.2. Thanks for letting me know.

Zero3K said:
I was planning to implement sorting features that would handle this. So you could sort by any of the listed fields, including the field that shows the status icon. That way, you could quickly group applications that are installed, that have upgrades available, or are in the repo but not installed. Would that be good for you?

Zero3K said:
I hadn't thought of that. I can see your reason - I'm sure the wifi scripts aren't going to be updated through milkshake's repo - but I still don't really want to go there. By default, it sees all the PNDs that libpnd sees. Should I be ignoring any that are on the NAND? What if people like to store a few favourite PNDs on the NAND? What if people change libpnd's default searchpath; what directories should I be ignoring then? I don't think there's an elegant solution.

1. You're welcome.
2. Yes, that would work.
3. How about an option to ignore the programs stored on the NAND then?

I'm good to go, Tempel! your pnd actually solved the problem I was having with having the Pandora recognize the FF pnd... every download I tried failed to be accessible via the menu or desktop, then I "installed" it via PNDstore and it was recognized just fine (and ran beautifully!)... not sure why PNDstore didn't run on initial installation, but after a restart of my Pandora, it ran just fine... a progress bar for downloading would be nice... it kinda just sat there, staring back at me until it finished the download... looking forward to threading too... cause the download for FF4b10 was painfully slow... Otherwise, I'm a happy man with his new little toy! :D

PNDstore officially adds to the power of the Pandora, IMPO! :p

Glad you like it CPU! A few people have reported it not running on the first try, but working afterwards. I don't know why that could be! I'll make sure to try whenever my Pandora arrives.

Zero3K said:
3. How about an option to ignore the programs stored on the NAND then?
It is possible to change the searchpath for PNDstore, but I haven't yet made it easy. If you really want, look in PNDstore's appdata directory and edit pndstore.cfg. Under "searchpath", remove "default" and replace it with whatever paths you'd like it to search. Make sure each path is enclosed in double quotes, with a comma separating each one (but no extra comma after the last entry!). Wildcards can be used to refer to multiple paths at once. To get all the same PNDs as libpnd does except for those on the NAND, your config file should look something like this:
Code:
{
    "repositories": [
        "http://repo.openpandora.org/includes/get_data.php"
    ],
    "locales": [
        "default"
    ],
    "searchpath": [
        "/media/*/pandora/apps",
        "/media/*/pandora/desktop",
        "/media/*/pandora/menu"
    ]
}
Not the easiest workaround, but I hope it helps for now.

Back