Pandora PNDManager

Thanks for the new release!

I was wondering if it was possible for PNDManager to name PNDs after their entry in the repository? There are some PNDs that contain a release date or version number, and this breaks shortcuts/links on the desktop after an update because the updated PND will have a new name.

One example is http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=apkenv.crow_riot.app

If the filename of the PND was "apkenv.crow_riot.app.pnd" instead of "apkenv-v42.3.17.2.pnd", links on the desktop would always point to the right file.

I am aware that I am one of the few people who use links on their desktop, but it would improve the Pandora a lot for us. I am also aware, that the maintainers of the PNDs are probably the ones who should re-name them, but it might be more feasible if PNDManager could take care of this (don't know how many PNDs are affected).

Well the repo does provide the filename via the Content-Disposition header so that could be used via cloudef's lib

Last edited by a moderator:
It's in the software news thread. As usual :)

EDIT: Oh, right that one in the first post here. Updated as well, sorry :D

Last edited by a moderator:
@B-Zar: You could improve the usability/readability of your information policy:

The first post in this thread mentions this, "Fixed in latest (1.3.11.0):", then the full log in a spoiler section.

If you add a date next to the version number, it would further increase certainty within the reader, no necessity to first lookup when version X was published, or to know the version/release-dates by heart.

At best it should read:

Fixed in latest (1.3.11.0) on 2014-11-09:

[…]

hi b-zar,

i cannot comment or vote in pndmanager. can you tell me what i need to do? what i tried after an hour of reading through the forums is adding 2 lines to settings.conf that read username and apikey (it would be nice to have this in a readme or in the pndmanager description btw.). but nothing changes in pndmanager visually. in my out file i found this

mkdir: cannot create directory `interfaces/CustomPNDManager': Operation not permitted

cp: target `interfaces/CustomPNDManager' is not a directory

QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.

Settings are saved in "/mnt/utmp/pndmanager/settings.cfg" 
 so i created that folder manually in appdata and the error ws gone. but nothing changed regarding the voting. and i don't understand why there are permission issues anyway the sdcard is fat32 formatted.

another oddity is that my clean settings.cfg seems to be missing some newer values. is it possible that i still have an old version even if pndmanager thinks it is uptodate?

thanks

I would love to know how to add my credentials to the config correctly as well! Was never able to get it working.

@graupelschauer: Try deleting the settings.cfg and let pndmanager create a fresh one.

(it would be nice to have this in a readme or in the pndmanager description btw.).
You mean like the documentation under the start menu->Documentation?

FWIW, my settings.cfg file looks like this:

Under heading '[PNDManager]':

username=levi

apiKey=32 character hex number (so, 512 bit) in lower case, as supplied by the repo
It worked for me first time, so I can't imagine what trouble you guys are having, I'm afraid.

@graupelschauer: Try deleting the settings.cfg and let pndmanager create a fresh one.

a fresh config looks for me like this

[panorama]

dataDirectory=/mnt/utmp/pndmanager

uiDirectory=interfaces

ui=PNDManager

fullscreen=true

[PNDManager]

showSplashScreen=false

showHints=true

mouseCursorVisible=false

lastInstallDevice=

lastInstallLocation=

loggingVerbosity=1

You mean like the documentation under the start menu->Documentation?

exactly! only that i don't have a documentation there :)

i added the same two lines as you at the end but it doesn't work. it doesn't even log anything about wrong credentials or a successful handshake. that's why i thought it may be an old version.

and that exactly was the problem. i had 2 pndmanagers on my sd card :/ everything works now, sorry for the trouble.

I still don't understand where I can get the apikey from. I thought originally that this was just the plaintext password. Didn't know pndmanager provides a hexadecimal number and where but I will find out! thanks levi!

Login to the repo with your browser. You can create the API key somewhere on your profile page.

Sorry for pasting this here, I had posted it in a wrong section recently. I had some suggestions to improve the PND manager a little :)

The 1st is to add the ability to see where (in which category/subcategory) in the menu a PND is installed. 

2nd Is to add a filter in the manager to show only installed PND's, not installed PND's and both  in the category screen. I know there's the 'Installed' screen but it hasn't got the category dividing so with the amount of PND's I have installed it is sometimes a long search or scroll-down if I want to look something up. Maybe with the said filter in place the installed screen could be removed completely or be transformed to some sort of log page with installed/updated dates? Though I like it's download progress bars.

3rd, I use the manager windowed which screws up the 'installing' and download rate lines (they run through each other) It's pure cosmetic but it would be a nice fix ;)

4th, is a small bug(?) when I switch networks with the pndmanager running it will not update even though the internet connection is fine. I have to quit and restart the manager to get it to update again.

For the rest I just want to say that I love PNDmanager!

@bzar there is an issue that causes pndnotifyd to do multiple rescans after PND download that might be hopefully be not that hard to fix. PNDmanager does the right thing by downloading files to temp location and then moving to libpnd scan paths, but the problem is that it's closed after the move was performed, not before, and that generates 2 different inotify events:
Code:
7220  open("/media/fat/pandora/appdata/libpndman/aircrack-ng.tmp", O_RDWR|O_CREAT|O_TRUNC, 0666) = 26
7232  write(26, "\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 16384) = 16384
7232  write(26, "\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0"..., 16384) = 16384
7232  rename("/media/fat/pandora/appdata/libpndman/aircrack-ng.tmp", "/media/fat/pandora/menu/aircrack-ng.pnd"
7220  close(26 <unfinished ...>

Lets see.
[doublepost=1462836571,1462834484][/doublepost]@B-ZaR try this patch.

Code:
From b169ebcd91332df6efe1a21872a9bd9174caf0dc Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 02:26:54 +0300
Subject: [PATCH] curl: hack to close files for package curl handles

Some curl handle users use temporary file and thus we can't do generic
close. Hack the close in package_handle_install.
---
lib/curl.c     | 19 ++++++++++++++-----
lib/handle.c   |  2 ++
lib/internal.h |  1 +
3 files changed, 17 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

diff --git a/lib/curl.c b/lib/curl.c
index 59c7918..525e8ed 100644
--- a/lib/curl.c
+++ b/lib/curl.c
@@ -180,6 +180,18 @@ void _pndman_curl_handle_set_post(pndman_curl_handle *handle, const char *post)
    if (post) handle->post = strdup(post);
}

+void _pndman_curl_handle_reset(pndman_curl_handle *handle)
+{
+   assert(handle);
+   curl_multi_remove_handle(_pndman_curlm, handle->curl);
+   curl_easy_reset(handle->curl);
+
+   if (handle->file) {
+      fclose(handle->file);
+      handle->file = NULL;
+   }
+}
+
/* \brief perform curl operation */
int _pndman_curl_handle_perform(pndman_curl_handle *handle)
{
@@ -196,12 +208,8 @@ int _pndman_curl_handle_perform(pndman_curl_handle *handle)

/* reopen handle if needed */
    if (handle->file) {
-      curl_multi_remove_handle(_pndman_curlm, handle->curl);
-      curl_easy_reset(handle->curl);
-      fclose(handle->file);
-      handle->file = NULL;
+      _pndman_curl_handle_reset(handle);
       _pndman_curl_header_free(&handle->header);
-      memset(&handle->header, 0, sizeof(pndman_curl_header));
       DEBUG(PNDMAN_LEVEL_CRAP, "CURL REOPEN");
    }

@@ -351,6 +359,7 @@ static void _pndman_curl_msg(int result, pndman_curl_handle *handle)
       handle->retry  = 0;
       fflush(handle->file);
       handle->callback(PNDMAN_CURL_DONE, handle->data, NULL, handle);
+      _pndman_curl_handle_reset(handle);
    }
}

diff --git a/lib/handle.c b/lib/handle.c
index b65bcc4..8b751d3 100644
--- a/lib/handle.c
+++ b/lib/handle.c
@@ -271,6 +271,8 @@ static int _pndman_package_handle_install(pndman_package_handle *object, pndman_
    assert(object && local);

handle = (pndman_curl_handle*)object->data;
+   _pndman_curl_handle_reset(handle);
+
    if (!object->device)
       goto handle_no_dev;
    if (!object->pnd)
diff --git a/lib/internal.h b/lib/internal.h
index 514a260..9b96a9a 100644
--- a/lib/internal.h
+++ b/lib/internal.h
@@ -160,6 +160,7 @@ void _pndman_debug_hook(const char *file, int line, const char *function, int ve
/* curl */
pndman_curl_handle* _pndman_curl_handle_new(void *data, pndman_curl_progress *progress, pndman_curl_callback callback, const char *path);
void _pndman_curl_handle_free(pndman_curl_handle *handle);
+void _pndman_curl_handle_reset(pndman_curl_handle *handle);
int  _pndman_curl_handle_perform(pndman_curl_handle *handle);
void _pndman_curl_handle_set_post(pndman_curl_handle *handle, const char *post);
void _pndman_curl_handle_set_url(pndman_curl_handle *handle, const char *url);
--

(I can't believe I've written this piece of shi... :D)

Back