Please Sponsor Me

craigix said:
Yep, had to stop just after the 10 miles due to serious knee pain on my left leg (something which has been a problem for all my training) and limp the rest of the way, it was a shame but I finished it. I'm going to post some photos later in the week :)
Is it an actual joint problem or have you screwed up a hamstring?

Last edited by a moderator:
sam fisher said:
craigix said:
Yep, had to stop just after the 10 miles due to serious knee pain on my left leg (something which has been a problem for all my training) and limp the rest of the way, it was a shame but I finished it. I'm going to post some photos later in the week :)
Is it an actual joint problem or have you screwed up a hamstring?

Craig, just take a deep breath and relax. We have a biologist on staff ready to spit wikipedia information at you regarding your knee problem.

I wouldn't say joint problem. Extensive training for these kind of endurance races stretches the ligaments and the cartilage within the legs. If anything, I'd say it would probably be ligament damage. Nothing that a bit of rest for you leg won't fix. Thats my diagnosis. However, I'm not a doctor. Nor are many people on here, so it may not actually be that at all. However, I have studied biology quite a lot and thats what i'd go with.

Anyways, well done on finishing the race. Might do it next year myself. So if you're gonna do it again, I may well join you. I've always wanted to do it so I might as well sign in for it.

Wonder if there's an opportunity here for some cheap advertising ?

Get some relevant T-shirts printed out and if anyone is out doing any runs/sport/events give em a t-shirt (and maybe a goodie?) and get em to display it proudly.

"Proudly" might run into difficulties I suppose if you get pictured being sick at the side of the pitch suffering with a huge hangover and pot belly after trying to haul your 40 year old arse for 90 minutes, but it's just an idea.

Ganepark32 said:
I wouldn't say joint problem. Extensive training for these kind of endurance races stretches the ligaments and the cartilage within the legs. If anything, I'd say it would probably be ligament damage. Nothing that a bit of rest for you leg won't fix. Thats my diagnosis. However, I'm not a doctor. Nor are many people on here, so it may not actually be that at all. However, I have studied biology quite a lot and thats what i'd go with.

Anyways, well done on finishing the race. Might do it next year myself. So if you're gonna do it again, I may well join you. I've always wanted to do it so I might as well sign in for it.
I'd of thought it would more likely stretch a tendon. Being that ligaments hold bones together and the tendons fasten the muscles onto the bones. Exercise generally injures tendons and sprains and twisting generally injures ligaments. I have another doctors appointment for my screwy hamstring on tuesday.

Also I did a 10 mile uphill walk today even though my legs screwed up but its the last chance I had to do this. All I can say is prescription anti-inflammatories rock!

Back