Tpb Index

Spadoof

Website
Visit site
Dear readers,

Just wondering if anyone knows how to extract files out of a .db file. I recently downloaded "TPB Index torrent", and am not sure on how to extract the torrent files from the .db file. If anyone could assist me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help,
-Spadoof

Sorry, I can't, it's probably not the kind of thing the mods would approve of.

What I can say is that somebody on Google, or, dare I say, somebody on a board with more active members, almost certainly knows.

I don't understand why the mods would not approve. Torrents are not neccesarly associated with piracy. I'm simple asking how to extract the contents of .db file. I looked over google, but to no success. I understand that it is a database file of sorts, again I simply need to extract it. Again, I'm not trying to post gray-area material on this site. I just said the exact file I was working with to allow the readers to better understand my situation.

Thanks for any further help or advice,
-Spadoof

Spadoof said:
I don't understand why the mods would not approve. Torrents are not neccesarly associated with piracy. I'm simple asking how to extract the contents of .db file. I looked over google, but to no success. I understand that it is a database file of sorts, again I simply need to extract it. Again, I'm not trying to post gray-area material on this site. I just said the exact file I was working with to allow the readers to better understand my situation.

Thanks for any further help or advice,
-Spadoof
Well it wasn't really necessary. Not like it matters though, right? All non-tangible objects should be free! I mean, it's not stealing, it's just copying! When we steal things in real life, we're just stealing the raw materials, so when we pirate, since no raw materials are involved it's not harming anyone! (other than any money contributed to research, licensing, marketing, royalties, salaries, regulation, property, testing, legal fees... but hey, what's that? Pirate party 09 man!!!!)

Seriously though, simply the fact that you're asking this question shows even if you could open the file up you would have no idea what to do with it. That's not quite how a torrent tracker works, you see.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry you feel that everything someone downloads from a torrent is associated with piracy. It's not like people could put there own works that they wish for people to view into a torrent, right? (Like every distro of linux and opensource material). Sorry for making a brain dead assumptions. I will use the responses recieved from this post as a lesson, and not ask a simple question about how to open a file. You might be right PoisonedV, Maybe I don't understand how certain things work (.db files), but that is why I try to get advice from people I know who have extensive knowledge on computer related subject matters. Sorry for apparently bringing shame upon this forum.

-Spadoof

Back