PLAY Blackpool - 3/4 May 2014 [replay event]

Hmmm, I might quiz the missus if she wants to go; she really enjoyed the last one.

Projector games have been there at both Play expos I've been to, I liked their road race game, but unfortunately can't seem to download or buy it.

Their Tactics Forever was also very similar to a game idea I had sketched in my project book, though they were automating battle.

I was at the 2012 one, I remember seeing the projector with a smaller multiplayer battler going on, about 5 people, nothing like 512 players though - If they did have that then I probably missed it whilst over at the coin ops, where I spent most my time.

Be good if I could get a little go on the Oculus Rift too 

But... But... You come HERE? to Blackpool? No one wants to come to blackpool!? I live a couple of miles outside of it, that's close enough!

I kid, I kid, mostly  :lol:

ha! If I'm honest, I've been there a few times as a kid, to see the illuminations of course - And I loved it there!

But that was the late 80s, early 90s, what wasn't to like? Arcades on the promenade, nicely illuminated trams and road lights, chips for dinner...

Blackpool_Trawler_Illuminated_Tram.jpg

Shame it doesn't coincide with the illuminations really, I'd like to be there around that time again for it

Funny enough, I'm here in Blackpool for uni. I might see you guys there at play Blackpool.

Didn't this split into 2 events, retro and modern stuff?

I only went for the retro stuff.

Didn't this split into 2 events, retro and modern stuff?

I only went for the retro stuff.
Don't think so...

Split into zones within the same event, but both modern and retro was there. At least was the case at 2012 one.

Had the old cabs along with pinball machines in one area, then all the old computers and consoles in another, then all the newer consoles playing latest games in another...

And IIRC they had the PS4 at the last one [2013], so even then was all at the one event...

Yeah, this year had PS4, Nintendo, Oculus for the newer stuff, then a few retro stuff, arcades, and a bunch of market tables

Hehe, if Craig were still the good old Craig then there might be a Pandora booth there :(

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be nice, I'd buy one from you there ED :)

Back