Plastic On My Blu Screen

Bigjunior

Still Fresh
Ok, here's my noobie question...
I got my BLU, and it had a plastic film covering the screen. It's being held on by static cling, kinda like the clings you put on windows. Is it safe to remove this?? Everyone's talking about the plastic screen, I'm not sure if this is it, or not!

Signed
Feeling Stupid

BigJ

Remove it, it's just to protect against scratches in transit, the display is soooo much better if you take it off. You can always lay it back over if you want to...

®

DONT! at least wait as much as you can! after i removed mine i got scratces. and grease are harder to remove if you dont have the plastic thing on

so my suggestion is to have it on as long as possible

Squiike posted on Dec 15 2004 at 04:20 PM said:
DONT! at least wait as much as you can! after i removed mine i got scratces. and grease are harder to remove if you dont have the plastic thing on

I thought that too but when I removed it the screen looked much better

Last edited by a moderator:
The plastic really isn't supposed to be on there after you start using it. You just have to be careful with your GP32, perhaps get a case. It is madness to never remove the cover so the screen stays nice, because you don't actually get to appreciate it! It looks worse with the plastic than it would even if it DID get scratched. If you don't agree, just put it back, it's no big deal.

®

Shirohagen posted on Dec 15 2004 at 03:30 PM said:
The plastic really isn't supposed to be on there after you start using it. You just have to be careful with your GP32, perhaps get a case. It is madness to never remove the cover so the screen stays nice, because you don't actually get to appreciate it! It looks worse with the plastic than it would even if it DID get scratched. If you don't agree, just put it back, it's no big deal.

®
I agree take it off. Unless you are really careless with it you'll have no problems. A cleaning cloth might be a good idea for those ocassions finger smudges and dust but it's not a major problem and it looks so much better without the plastic.

aapje89 posted on Dec 15 2004 at 03:24 PM said:
Squiike posted on Dec 15 2004 at 04:20 PM said:

I thought that too but when I removed it the screen looked much better

If it gets scratched then just replace it with a glass screen, then it even looks better yet. No more scratches, smudges, and it is clearer as it is not yellow like the plastic is.

I put the soft plastic cover over the screen when I'm not playing. You can remove and restick it as many times as you want. However, I'm carefuly not to touch the side of the cover that sticks to the screen... finger smudges WILL transfer.

Otherwise, peel it off and play, put it back on when you're done, easy, and keeps your screen extra safe.

Ha, at first I was a screen nazi and decided to leave the plastic on the screen but then when a pixel in my display died I just said to hell with it. I keep my gp32 in a GBA case that I bought and it doesn't have any scratches on it. I say take it off!

Does anyone who buys a new tft monitor or flat screen tv keep the plastic film on the screen ???. What would your family say if you did ???. :wacko:

Take it off, Buy a case, Use it for what it is and get the most out of it.

The plastic screen will probably out last the rest of the system before it gets too scratched to be unusable.

Trooper

Say, anyone tried those model laquerelles (spelling?), for Warhammer figures and plastic models? Cover the plastic screen with something like that, to protect it from scratches? And maybe make it glare less? (I hate to look at myself while playing, and ceiling lights cast a really annoying glare...)

hello, i just bought a new GP32 in its original package.
Iam not sure if i should open it, it looks so good protected in it. So i just cut a few holes in the package to reach the controls. But now i got a problem: The batteries are empty. Iam lost ..

maniaX posted on Dec 15 2004 at 10:47 PM said:
hello, i just bought a new GP32 in its original package.
Iam not sure if i should open it, it looks so good protected in it. So i just cut a few holes in the package to reach the controls. But now i got a problem: The batteries are empty. Iam lost ..

Obviously, you need to cut a small hole to the aproxx. place of the AC-adapter jack on your GP, then plug the AC-adapter to it, and Viola! No need for batteries.

Don't unwrap the AC cord though, leave the little elastic tie around it so it stays neat. Just don't plug it in more than 6 inches from where you want to play it.

®

Back