Picodrive Is Awesome!

darklight1138

Yes, this is old news. But since the Caanoo is still barely out of infancy, I figured I'd bring this up and give the PicoDrive a random thumbs up here. I wish more emulators were like this.

- Fast, reliable emulation (seriously, I think I have two games that don't work properly; the rest are perfect)
- Plenty of options for tweaking and customizing
- A great ROM browser that allows rapid search with both the control pad and the shoulder buttons AND it remembers where you left off (OhBoy port needs to take note!)

While a lot of emulators are like this, some neglect the last point. Hopefully as other emulators develop and improve, I hope they keep PicoDrive in mind.

for such a recommendation, I will just have to take a look into it (picodrive).

I really think the potential on the caanoo relies on the possible applications it can run,
things like grafx or milkytracker are best for me, almost like an amiga, letting your take on creativity.

emulators are just one side of it(a great one too), and sure some are really well done, others are still growing into it.
I like the uNGP one, but I´m still new to the caanoo, and sure have to research my ways into it :rolleyes:

darklight1138 said:
Yes, this is old news. But since the Caanoo is still barely out of infancy, I figured I'd bring this up and give the PicoDrive a random thumbs up here. I wish more emulators were like this.

- Fast, reliable emulation (seriously, I think I have two games that don't work properly; the rest are perfect)
- Plenty of options for tweaking and customizing
- A great ROM browser that allows rapid search with both the control pad and the shoulder buttons AND it remembers where you left off (OhBoy port needs to take note!)

While a lot of emulators are like this, some neglect the last point. Hopefully as other emulators develop and improve, I hope they keep PicoDrive in mind.

I agree, Picodrive for me is the most polished emulator out there with excellent compatibility to boot, the UI works great and the emulator is probably the closest thing to perfection out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back