Picodrive 1.35

A600

Certified Guru
PicoDrive 1.35 for the Dingoo A320 ported by A600

This is a port of the excellent Megadrive/SegaCD notaz's emu for Dingux.

DEFAULT CONTROLS:

Pad: Megadrive pad
Y: A button
B: B button
A: C button
X: Change video renderer
L: Write savestate
R: Load savestate
Select: PicoDrive menu
Start: Start button
Power+Up: Volume up
Power+Down: Volume Down

NOTES:

- 16 bit renderer is disabled.
- Audio tracks for the SegaCD don't work. PicoDrive 1.35 only supports mp3 tracks and that would slow down thing too much on the Dingoo.
- I only tested Sonic CD and it seems to work pretty well with frameskip 1 and the fast renderer.

- notaz, of course, for this fine piece of software. If you like this emu, consider donating to him ( http://notaz.gp2x.de/ )
- booboo for Dingux. Without him, this port wouldn't have been possible.
- rlyeh for his minimal libs.

-A600-

Binary

Sourcecode

damn dealextreme, I'm still waiting for my dingoo.
But this emu is the reason I bought it and I'm extremely impressed by the youtube-video. Can't wait to play it myself.

I cannot express in words how grateful I am. This is a dream come true. Thank you sooooo much A600, you just made my day =D

awesome release..... the built in emu still has screen tearing for me even with dingux :)
now can someone port finalburn so i can play wrestlefest .... the my gp2x will go to my bro :)

Thx for this great release both of you. Know my Dingoo is better than ever. :D:)

Awesome! I put this on as soon as I got home from work - so glad you've put a volume control in there! Hopefully Snes9x will catch up soon (fullscreen, menus, save states, volume control).

Thank you A600 - bloody brilliant - I owe you a beer :)

I have both wiz and dingoo - and for reasons I can't really articulate (but probably because of the controls) picodrive on dingoo just "feels" better.

Now if we could just get Amiga, C64 and neogeo happening :) (native neo emu is pretty darn good, but it is a tad slow at times in intensive games and could be better).

Cheers
Simon

Even if I assume that I already know the answer (which is NO), is Virtua Racing is supported by this version.

Edit : I was wrong (in fact not completly). The game launch and run BUT the graphics are completly mesed up. You can accellerate and everything (the minimap is active and working and show you your progress). Maybe it's possible to have it on dingoo finally...

Mortys said:
Edit : I was wrong (in fact not completly). The game launch and run BUT the graphics are completly mesed up. You can accellerate and everything (the minimap is active and working and show you your progress). Maybe it's possible to have it on dingoo finally...
SVP support was added in 1.40 version and the latest sourcecode available is 1.35 so you'll have to wait until notaz releases a more recent sourcecode.

Last edited by a moderator:
A600 said:
Mortys said:
SVP support was added in 1.40 version and the latest sourcecode available is 1.35 so you'll have to wait until notaz releases a more recent sourcecode.

It'd run very poorly unless you ported the recompiler to MIPS. If you were going to do that I'd figure it'd be after you ported more important things to MIPS, like the renderering and interpreter cores.

Exophase said:
It'd run very poorly unless you ported the recompiler to MIPS. If you were going to do that I'd figure it'd be after you ported more important things to MIPS, like the renderering and interpreter cores.

I know but there are people out there (not me) who would be happy to run Virtua Racing at 5 fps :D

I am not familiar with linux and I have problems to bring picodrive to work. I have placed the picodrive folder into the root/local-folder. For mame4all this works perfectly. However, dmenu does not recognize picodrive. I use the latest dingux version of July 28 with only one FAT 32 partition. Do I have to place a script or something?

Back