Joystick Issues/deadzones

jlenoconel

OK, so I have brought this issue up various times in other areas of this board, but I am feeling like I need to create a new thread on it to actually be heard. I have only had my Caanoo now for about 9 months, have treated it very well, and still, I am having joystick issues with my system. I know a lot of this has to do with not having deadzones in certain emulators. I have mainly had issues with OhBoy and and the Neo Geo Pocket emulator for the system. I did have issues with DrSMS and then deadzones were added and it works great now.

I am trying to figure out if my joystick is somewhat screwed, though I don't think it is because it works fine on most emulators, or if its just because of the lack of deadzones. Its impossible to play games like Tetris, and some RPGs, on OhBoy. I also have similar problems playing Bust A Move on the Neo Geo Pocket emulator (the same problem I had on DrSMS before deadzones were added). I think this is a pretty important issue as it is something that, if not fixed, brings the overall quality of the system down. I feel like if my Caanoo is having these issues already, issues my PSP (when I owned one) never encountered, that it will make me think twice about buying another open-source handheld system again. Anyways, I'm hoping someone will be able to fix the problems with deadzones or at least give me more info. Its only really one or two emulators having the issue. Thanks for everyone's time.

Well, I think that's a question for Emulation section but, anyway. Maybe you could write an e-mail for the developer/porter directly? Perhaps he can't/doesn't follow these threads?

well, i really think that GPH is still in life, so is possible to see new firmwares in the future.
but for new consoles from them, i think no, until the caanoo sell well ;)
forever GPH!

kayuz said:
well, i really think that GPH is still in life, so is possible to see new firmwares in the future.
forever GPH!
Have you seen their firmware updates so far? Since 1.06 it got worse. Yeah a new boot animation, that´s what we needed.
hooray for gph hardware
booh for gph software

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the 1.0.6 kernel code is available... perhaps someone could make some joystick deadzone modifications to it and spin a custom build...

Akabei said:
kayuz said:
forever GPH!
Have you seen their firmware updates so far? Since 1.06 it got worse. Yeah a new boot animation, that´s what we needed.
hooray for gph hardware
booh for gph software

Last edited by a moderator:
Back