Mame, Gngeo And Batteries

phoda

US when working, Brazil when vacationing!
Website
Visit site
I have been testing a few batteries recently - I usually use the 2500mAh Energizers - and I used two programs to test it - MAME and gngeo.

I have noticed that Mame is way more "sensitive" to low batteries than gngeo. For instance, let's say I am running MAME @ 270Mhz, until it crashes due to low batteries.

I reboot the GP2X and and I able to run gngeo @ 280Mhz, with sound and for a pretty good while, even after MAME has creashed.

What's so different between both software? Why does gngeo "lasts longer" than Mame?

Has anyone ever tried that and got the same results?

For me, gngeo will crash very readily and jump back into its frontend beyond 266 MHz-- at 300 MHz Metal Slug will usually crash within 15 minutes of play, while most other applications will run stable. It's not bad enough to crash the ARM920T, just enough to cause gngeo to encounter some sort of fault and exit.

There is crashing and then there is low batteries.

Crashing is just locking up maybe having scramably stuff.

Running out of batteries is when your game stops, your screen freaks out at you and then fades to white.

Not sure if you are mistaking the two.

The two are interrelated. As your batteries die, even if the voltage and current are not so low that your video hardware gives out and the graphics scramble-- you can still get weird processing errors where programs will crash or encounter mathematical inaccuracies, flipped bits in memory, so on and so forth, that will result in behavior consistent with what I described.

Back