PCSX ReARMed - Dumping Subchannels/Libcrypt etc.

kR4zYxcL0wN

Still Fresh
HI, all! Just want to start off by saying I'm relatively new to the forums!

Anyways, heres my problem.

I have an original copy of Parasite Eve 2 (PAL) SLES 02558 and I've been looking around the forum and Google and have found out that this game has LIbCrypt2 protection and requires the subchannels from the disc to be dumped. I've even tried using the .sbi files from redump.org but am unsure how to implement them or where to place them on my SD card.

I've tried many thing such as Alcohol 120%, CloneCD and ImgBurn, and none of them seem to work when ripping my disc.
In CloneCD, is says my drive has RAW SAO + SUB and RAW DAO, thats what people have said is needed to work, whatever that means :p but when I start the rip it says my drive is unsupported for reading subchannel data and audio.

I've tried these formats as well:

.IMG, .SUB, .CCD

.IMG, .SUB, .CCD + .CUE

.BIN, .CUE

and 

MDF .MDS

but to no avail, all that happens when I boot my rom is it freezes on the "Made by Squaresoft" screen as many others have come across I really want this game to work on my Pandora, so if anyone could help me it would greatly be appreciated. :)

Though I haven't tired it yet myself(still waiting for my Pandora...), if you don't mind working with a Linux command line interface, here is a (PandoraWiki) step-by-step guide that, I'm assuming, should accomplish what we're both looking for.

good luck! :)

Back