PCSX-ReARMed, Crash Team Racing, Nubs

knightron

Hello, i only got my Pandora yesterday and am getting it all setup for some serious gaming sessions. My nubs seem to be working fine in xfce and in Mupen. I have got the nubs working in psx_reamed r18. If i play spyro the dragon for example, the nubs work perfectly. I haven't had the chance to test many games, but in crash team racing, the nubs aren't working as they should. The sensitivity is poor when moving right and left. Like many 3d games, depending on how hard you push the joystick/nub the character moves with different a momentum. In CTR, the character you're steering will steer in accordance to how much enthusiasm you push on the joystick/nub, in other words, it makes the difference between a slight turn and a sharp turn. The nubs are not responsive to this, sometimes, not steering at all.

CTR is the only game i'm experiencing this with and other than that they work correctly. Is this a bug, or a hardware issue, or is there a setting i need to adjust.

Thanks.

I really like CTR and I prefer the d-pad with this game. It works spot on for me.

Thanks for getting back to me cococreekfisherman. At the current time, i prefer to use the dpad too, but i would like to use the nubs. It wouldn't trouble me to use the d-pad as i've found it to be literally the most comfortable d-pad i've ever used (something i wasn't expecting. Previously the nds phat holding that title), but at the very least i'd like it if someone could confirm or deny that they experience the same issue with the nubs. with CTR.

Back