PCSX r14 - Grandia problem

Whee! And I who just sent my pandora off to ED for a general fixup! Noooooo!

Seriously: Great, if that is so. Thanks a lot!

This is to confirm that the transitions to battle scenes no longer crash PCSX-Rearmed in R15. Donation sent via ED. THANKS

Still broken for me is saving to memcard. Saving to memcard in Grandia (german) results in the text "Überprüfe Spieldaten" (check game data) displayed in the save slot.

Checking the memcard in PCSX memcard manager shows the saved data -apparently present, but Grandia shows no saves present after a restart.

Saves to memcard from other games tested (e.g. FF1) seem to work fine.

I am finished with CD1 and am trying to get to CD2 by saving at the savepoint, then loading a new image (CD2). Should i be doing something special?

For any RPG fans, this is one of the best I have played. Story begins somewhat slowly due to lengthy "character development" phase, but this pays-off through more emotional involvement.

Any help greatly appreciated and thanks for the great emulator.

Do you use proper BIOS? You can see it in text on the main menu after game is loaded. Note that this setting is carried in savestates and can't be changed without restarting the whole game due to technical reasons.

As for CD change there is special option in "extra stuff" menu.

I've had the problem of not being able to read saves, too. That is, indeed, related to the BIOS. The HLE bios cannot read saves made under a real BIOS and vice versa, I think.

Thank you for the replies. I indeed played with HLE.

Not sure whether I will play through the entire first CD again - many hours.

It seems to me that the extras "Switch CD" option should be unnecessary for Grandia because I think that on the original playstation, one can simply turn the unit on with CD2 and load the last memory card savestate from CD1. Or am I mistaken in this?

Well you said loading memory card save with HLE doesn't work, but if you can load that in BIOS mode it should work, yeah.

Loading the save in bios mode worked! I don't have to play through CD1 again!

Back