Pc Sega Dreamcast Emulator

sukhigp said:
Why would i buy out of date console it's not worth it,besides i play the new games which are alot better than retro games.
bwahahaha

Pay homage you ingrate, without retro games we'd not have your amazing PC titles.

Last edited by a moderator:
@finty: Wasn't meaning to pick on his language skills... came across a little close minded there I guess. I was rather criticizing the fact that he never ever reads readmes.

sukhigp said:
We had so many consoles released in the past years, saturn and dreamcast are best consoles for games not even one console is good as these, of course the mega drive,mega cd were amazing consoles few from nintendo side snes,gba,n64,wii.

Now we have the wii,xbox 360,ps3 the most awful console has to be ps3 none of the games are exciting apart from ridge racer 7 most majority ps3 have bad framerates,the wii is good but doesn't have enough games for grown ups just for kids then we have xbox maybe the best console and it has halo 3 there are few good games which are quite stunnning titles like ninja gaiden,dead or alive,virtua fighter 5 online it does have much better games than the other 2 consoles maybe it comes next to dreamcast console nothing yet has beaten the dreamcast it was tragedy that dreamcast failed.
Here you state you have never seen a dreamcast in action or emulated...
There you claim the dreamcast is the best console ever...

Do you just mean to try out an emulator for dreamcast because you want to see how it performs?

sukhigp said:
Why would i buy out of date console it's not worth it,besides i play the new games which are alot better than retro games.

I wanted to try dc on my pc to see how good it is i've never seen it running as a emulator.
Yes expphase i will try nulldc thanks for letting me know, and rest of you please post sensible stuff not rubbish like, banned sukhi no member has no right to write such rubbish.

Xnopasaranx you fool how dare you banned me from this site you have no right such rubbish.
This forum is for help not for writing rubbish like banned sukhi, i reckon you should be banned not me next time write something sensible, if you don't want to take part why are you posting on this topic just buzz off.
Seeing as can´t even use an emulator or install an operating system or search the internet to find needed information, you fail it. It is the 21st century.

And don´t give me that "i just wanna see how it runs" crap. If you were truly so interested in the technical side of emulation, you´d know how to oparate an emulator. You´re just cheap, if games or consoles are "not worth playing" they´re not worth emulating either.

Go back to your gamespot boards, kiddie.

lol. *crack of the whip* That's you told Sukhigp. :p

But everyone has a point here sukhigp. If you deem consoles unnecessary compared to pc, then there really is no reason to play them through emulators. Case Closed as far as I'm concerned.

I'm going to buy a new pc system which is cool specs it has intel pentium dual core 2,350GB hard drive,2GB ram and other cool specs i'm looking forward to buy this system it will extremely powerful great to play games on this pc.

Dreamcast is good too but i will give it a miss i prefer pc which is capable of doing more, dual core pc are best thing ever even better than wii,xbox 360,ps3 most majority games on these consoles come to pc.

sukhigp said:
I'm going to buy a new pc system which is cool specs it has intel pentium dual core 2,350GB hard drive,2GB ram and other cool specs i'm looking forward to buy this system it will extremely powerful great to play games on this pc.

Dreamcast is good too but i will give it a miss i prefer pc which is capable of doing more, dual core pc are best thing ever even better than wii,xbox 360,ps3 most majority games on these consoles come to pc.
Again you prove that you are greatly misinformed and are blabbering straight BS! The Xbox 360 has 3 cores, the PS3 even has 7 cores and is thus graphically and processor wise way more capable. Also these consoles run operating systems designed solely for the purpose of running games and are optimized while a normal windows machine (I will assume here that you will be using windows...) has to carry the OS and it's workload. The majority of those games will not come to the pc, most of the stuff for ps3 that is actually worth buying is exclusive. Even if the games are ported from a console to pc (which normally happens the other way around) the games will not be able to take advantage of superior hardware like the multiple cores of the ps3 or the xbox and their gfx hardware.

In some cases however, the pc versions will feature more advanced possibilities for tweaking. I doubt that you will be able to figure out how to use those though.

sukhigp said:

Wow that 2 terrabyte drive will be great for all your PC games :p Sounds like a nice system though.

If that's your preference fair enough, but it makes a total mockery of all your posts relating to emulation on GP2X, GP3X (lol) & PC.

There are great games for all systems (including PC) so if you are into games you should really look up some 'retro' systems and games - a lot are really cheap these days.

BTW sukhigp, where are you from? I saw in a previous post you said English was obviously not your first language and we should know that from your name. Excuse my ignorance, but I don't know the reference to your name. Cheers.

xnopasaranx said:
sukhigp said:

Again you prove that you are greatly misinformed and are blabbering straight BS! The Xbox 360 has 3 cores, the PS3 even has 7 cores and is thus graphically and processor wise way more capable. Also these consoles run operating systems designed solely for the purpose of running games and are optimized while a normal windows machine (I will assume here that you will be using windows...) has to carry the OS and it's workload. The majority of those games will not come to the pc, most of the stuff for ps3 that is actually worth buying is exclusive. Even if the games are ported from a console to pc (which normally happens the other way around) the games will not be able to take advantage of superior hardware like the multiple cores of the ps3 or the xbox and their gfx hardware.

In some cases however, the pc versions will feature more advanced possibilities for tweaking. I doubt that you will be able to figure out how to use those though.

I can see your frustration (& totally understand!!) but I think a modern PC with full specs (i.e. direct X 10 with suitable hardware) can already just outclass a 360 or PS3. That said, it will take a long time before there are many games that take full advantage. At the moment the new Crysis pisses on what is available on either console. I don't think you can compare the number of 'cells' in a console to what's available on PC today.

However, the great thing about consoles is that developers find new ways to push the hardware over time, while with PC games, you nearly always have to upgrade everytime a new game with 'feature X' comes out!

I share your frustration with a certain member here btw! Just pointing out that in theory a very modern PC can deliver better graphics etc that either a 360 or PS3 but only a few rich people can enjoy that! (i can't!!)

Edit - sorry for double post - was responding to 2 different posts

I'm not English, i'm a panjabi boy don't tell me you don't know what that is.

It's still pointless saying the core crap still the games are developed on pc first then they can be played on the consoles, if there was no pc there will be no ps3,360 you can't develope games on them systems.

Most games on ps3 and 360 come on pc, so what's the point buying these consoles, if a person is an grown he would never buy a console they are for kids only, pc can do much more than consoles, consoles only play games that's pointless.

Ps3 costs £300 just to play games and has 60gb hard drive which is rather small total rip off.
Xbox 360 costs about the same just plays games but has 120gb hard drive which is bigger, still it's pointless
pc costs £239.99 which does everything plays old and new consoles games from more 15 years gaming on one platform totally amazing, the ps3,360 can't offer this, for £239.99 you get get dual core 2,360GB hard drive,6 usb,windows vista premium operating system,dvd writer for an incredible price.

Just look at the price for ps3,360 they are total loser pc are really cheap nowadays dual core 2 pc's are lot better than ps3 and 360 i wouldn't bother with consoles at all.

sukhigp said:
I'm not English, i'm a panjabi boy don't tell me you don't know what that is.

It's still pointless saying the core crap still the games are developed on pc first then they can be played on the consoles, if there was no pc there will be no ps3,360 you can't develope games on them systems.

Most games on ps3 and 360 come on pc, so what's the point buying these consoles, if a person is an grown he would never buy a console they are for kids only, pc can do much more than consoles, consoles only play games that's pointless.

Ps3 costs £300 just to play games and has 60gb hard drive which is rather small total rip off.
Xbox 360 costs about the same just plays games but has 120gb hard drive which is bigger, still it's pointless
pc costs £239.99 which does everything plays old and new consoles games from more 15 years gaming on one platform totally amazing, the ps3,360 can't offer this, for £239.99 you get get dual core 2,360GB hard drive,6 usb,windows vista premium operating system,dvd writer for an incredible price.

Just look at the price for ps3,360 they are total loser pc are really cheap nowadays dual core 2 pc's are lot better than ps3 and 360 i wouldn't bother with consoles at all.
So I am guessing either Indian of Pakistanian? No worries where you are from, I was just wondering as you said English was not your main language - no need to take offence.

I disagree that 'core' games are developed on PC first. Take a look at Halo, Metal Gear, Silent Hill etc. However some great games have also come from PC first. To me it does not matter where a great game comes from - as long as I can play it!

I really am not going into an argument with you over PC vs Console gaming - I love both! However, you should really let us all know where you managed to get a top PC for less than the price of a console. I presume it does not include a decent 3d card or monitor?!

Or else, you are just spouting out of your arse again ..... .. . just a guess. BTW, vista premium is really not something to be bragging about - I bought it and ended up reinstalling XP. You can post another post on how to downgrade when you find out. I dare to advise you to install linux cos the boards would be flooded with your 'sensible' questions :p

sukhigp said:
consoles only play games that's pointless.
Negative. Go read about a PS3, since you clearly know nothing about it.

sukhigp said:
Wrong. The HDD is also upgradeable in a PS3. Buy a larger one and put it in.

Can your PC play Blu-Ray? I didn't think so. It wouldn't cost ~$450 or whatever you claimed you paid if it did.

i do some pc gaming for stuff like flight sims and strategy games that really belong there but it is nice to know that any xbox 360 game i buy will just work, im compatible with everyone and i dont need to upgrade my hardware-for example, i payed $700 for my refurbished desktop a year ago, i also bought a $300 xbox a year ago ($100 rebate), the 2.13ghz core2duo hd3850 2gb ram pc plays flight simulator x, supreme commander and counterstrike fine and i can play all my super graphically intense shooters and rpg's on my cheap 360. So i still have all the extra computer functions that consoles lack but get to have the console itself. So if we both took a next gen game and a computer program, say assassins creed and microsoft word, then i could use my $700 pc for word and my $300 console for assassins creed totaling $1000 or you could use your gaming pc for both which to run assasins creed requires a $3000 gaming machine if you want the quality i get on my 360.

sukhigp said:
Actually, the PS3 can do a lot more than "just play games". For example, if you install linux onto it (sony approved) You can pretty much do everything under the sun.

I'm going to buy one today from online shop, it's an packard bell system which is very afforable price, there is no monitor the graphics card is on board one well you can put any pci-express one i already have a good one from my pc system.

Think about this ps3,360 aren't that price with specs like that, well i've quitted console gaming for good, i needed a machine which does everything, i don't prefer to play games on it's own, buying a console and pc together will cost double money which isn't worth it, it's better to buy one system.

Get ps3 or 360 for about £239.99 with 360gb,hard drive,windows vista home premium,2gb ddr 2,dual core 2, you will never get console like this, yes packard bell system has all this for £239.99 one of the best dual core 2 pc system at this price.

Why would i buy out of date console it's not worth it

Why would you use an emulator that emulates out-of-date hardware with, effectively, out-of-date code?

We had so many consoles released in the past years, saturn and dreamcast are best consoles for games not even one console is good as these, of course the mega drive,mega cd were amazing consoles few from nintendo side snes,gba,n64,wii.

Now we have the wii,xbox 360,ps3 the most awful console has to be ps3 none of the games are exciting apart from ridge racer 7 most majority ps3 have bad framerates,the wii is good but doesn't have enough games for grown ups just for kids then we have xbox maybe the best console and it has halo 3 there are few good games which are quite stunnning titles like ninja gaiden,dead or alive,virtua fighter 5 online it does have much better games than the other 2 consoles maybe it comes next to dreamcast console nothing yet has beaten the dreamcast it was tragedy that dreamcast failed.

So, the Dreamcast is an out of date machine that you'd never buy, yet it is one of the best consoles for games?!?! - cos that makes sense....

The PS3 is still in its early stages, you won't get any good games for that system for a year yet, but then again if you knew anything about consoles then you'd know that.

The Wii is tailored for the wider range market, which is something that game designers (console or PC based) are starting to miss. Producing tech demo's (like UT3 and DooM 3) is good for pushing graphics cards yet failing on the gameplay side, this is why Nethack games are still around and popular. Not only that, after many attempts by any company, they've managed to make interactive controllers that gives the user a more "connected" feel to the game, which is something that's hard to achieve - considering the mechanics of the human body in terms of fluidity.

You can b*tch all you like about the system but the sales speak for themselves, its pipped any top end (ps3 and xbox) - unlike itself which has tech specs that's slightly better than a gamecube system - to the top of the sales AND console chart.

The 360 that has a great set of games because, unlike the ps3, it's had the time for developers to create games with the system (3 years!), secondly, I'm betting that unlike the other two systems, the xbox 360 uses DirectX, which would mean that any software developer programming for it (and the PC) would have a much better understanding of how DirectX works within the xbox system, rather learning from scratch.

And don´t give me that "i just wanna see how it runs" crap. If you were truly so interested in the technical side of emulation, you´d know how to oparate an emulator. You´re just cheap, if games or consoles are "not worth playing" they´re not worth emulating either.

If he wants to see how good his PC is, then why doesn't he try Doom 3? Now that's a good benchmarking system! :)

See it's this comment that makes me wonder.....a 2TB hard drive now? Nah - microdirect.co.uk lists the highest internal HD as 1TB. In 6 months to a year...possibly.

You're forgetting two things:

1) No overbloated OS
2) a 60Gb hard drive for consoles SAVE information is more than enough!

There ain't *no* way I'm believing that you can get a top end PC for £250!!!, even without a monitor....I'd still expect to pay about £800 - £1000 for the box alone, even more so if the PC is branded!

excuse me the shop who is selling it saying it's very powerful system, the graphics card has only 128mb memory which isn't very amazing but you can put any pci-express graphics card in this machine.

Well this machine does have amazing specs i'm sure no one will ignore this system.

I agree the Dreamcast is the best gaming console, we have the ps2,gamecube,xbox none of the machine were good as dc, dreamcast produced the best games of any console, now we have wii,ps3,360 out of these 3 wii is the best gaming system best, this leaves dreamcast and wii the finest consoles of all time.

sukhigp said:
excuse me the shop who is selling it saying it's very powerful system
Well they're hardly going to say it's crap are they, not in front of you at least. :p

sukhigp said:
excuse me the shop who is selling it saying it's very powerful system, the graphics card has only 128mb memory which isn't very amazing but you can put any pci-express graphics card in this machine.

Well this machine does have amazing specs i'm sure no one will ignore this system.

I agree the Dreamcast is the best gaming console, we have the ps2,gamecube,xbox none of the machine were good as dc, dreamcast produced the best games of any console, now we have wii,ps3,360 out of these 3 wii is the best gaming system best, this leaves dreamcast and wii the finest consoles of all time.

You keep saying that the Dreamcast is the best (nothing wrong with that), but then keep saying that it's a waste of time playing one! Then you keep saying that the Wii is a kid's console, but then say it's ALSO the finest console of all time...

What I want to know is - is there more than one of you? You seem to change your argument more than your underwear (metaphorically speaking, of course).

Back