Dreamcast - I Miss It!

bargainbassments3

Still Fresh
I must say when i owned a sega dreamcast i thought it was the best thing ever, the selection of games, arcade classics, sega games really made it made best ever console, so much infact i have just bought one on ebay!,

All the superb games im gonna love playing again, i still think its better than PS2, i just could never work out why it didn't do very well???

Games like these below i will always remember playing:

Sonic adventure
ready to rumble
sega rally
daytona usa
hydro thunder
chu chu rocket
soul caliber
virtal figther
shenue
MSR
Vanishing point
virtual tennis 1 & 2
Crazy Taxi 1 & 2
Samba de amigo
Sega bass fishing 1 & 2
Sega marine fishing

See what i mean, SUPERB Games i LOVED Playing! can't wait for my dreamcast to arrive seeing as my xbox is getting dusty!

yeah, the dreamcast is definitely one of the best!
also try out skies of arcadia and those shooters like ikaruga, zero gunner2, etc..
and with how low the price of the systems are, everyone should have 2 :D

junker posted on Sep 9 2005 at 01:00 PM said:
yeah, the dreamcast is definitely one of the best!
also try out skies of arcadia and those shooters like ikaruga, zero gunner2, etc..
and with how low the price of the systems are, everyone should have 2 :D
arcadia is one of the best ive ever played. a true classic :)

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the best consoles ive ever had, but dont be sad just dust it off and give the old girl a blast.

Anyone tried some of the newer shmups on dreamcast like Chaos Field and Trizeal? if so wat do u think. ive got both and there alright but nowhere as good as ikaruga

I find it a shame that it didnt last that long, alot of the games DC had were easily comparable to anything PS2 had, especially SA2 & Shenmue graphically and in the game play department. I feel if it had more games like that and better advertising maybe it could have succeeded, it was starting to show its full potential.. but sadly right towards the end of its life when it was too late.

i never got into my Dreamcast. don't know why and i only own a handful of games, but the games i have, i really like, except two.

I have
Resident Evil: Code Veronica, very hard, but very fun
Marvel vs. Capcom: my fav beat em up of all time
Dead or Alive 2: ho hum fighter
MTV Skateboarding: no matter what reviews you read, this is a GREAT game
Shenmue: it works for like 10 mins and resets. I've tried 3 dif. discs.
And some shoot em up from Capcom with Capcom characters, like Morrigan, and it sucks, very short and easy, can't remember the name.

firefly1201 posted on Sep 9 2005 at 02:52 PM said:
Shenmue is still the ultimate RPG/Kung-fu fighting hybrid. 'nuff said.
Shenmue II--greatest game of all time... followed closely by the original.

Coincidently, the Dreamcast is also the greatest console ever. :)
And I miss it, too. Nowadays Sega just doesn't compare... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST in the retro gamer!!, everyone should have one just to play some of the best games ever made......................

yeah SEGA is not as good these days, they were better when they had the console market,

i really think dreamcast still makes ps2 look pants, i've had all the systems from the master system to xbox but dreamcast is my favorite, i'll vever buy a ps2 again or a ps3, xbox 360 for me! :p

Don`t forget Confidential Mission, House Of The Dead 2, Virtua Cop series, those are all so much fun playing with a lightgun :D

yeah propeller arena was one of those games i've never seen in and still never see available to buy! can't even find an iso haha
dreamcast will never die, not in my house at least. most fun i've had with any gaming system :)

Dunno if it will work at all as most the time peittions don't help and it'll have to be a really good reason in order for them to litsen. I beleive we won't be seeing another Sega system in a while but in the future, who knows? I actually love their systems liked the Genesis, Game Gear, Saturn, Dreamcast, etc.

Too bad the Dreamcast had a very short life but had alot of great games. I'm planning on making a portable Dreamcast someday but I may wait until I get another one for a good price. I miss those good old days and I'm planning on hooking up my Dreamcast again to reexperience it once again and just to sit back, relax, and have some fun.

its a shame people couldn't keep the dreamcast alive by using it as a game designer system, people could then build games for it & release them on this site (and others!) like the GP32, wht you all think??? & the dreamcast was easy to make games for (so im told!)

i love my dc, even though it sits in my cellar these days with about 30 original japanese games, my favourites were:

tokyo bus guide(i think thats what its called)
samba de amigo
power stone 1+2
typing of the dead
shenmue
virtua tennis
dynamite deka 2( i think it was called this, it was like die hard arcade)
crazy taxi
???????????(some dancing game where one of the characters was a bull with sungalsses on, similar to the bust a move games)
seaman(crap, but strangely addictive)
pop n music

loads more i cant remember, i had illbleed but that was crap, so was that game that was based on house of the dead, but it was like a scrolling beat em up. <_<

Back