Paypal

i don't get it and this is frustrating.... on top of that this is the only way i can pay :(

craigix said:
Sorry this was the only solution after the server access crashed!
No problem, shit happens. :p But after all this craziness is done, could you maybe email us PayPal-ers and let us know that our orders went through? My payment got sent to a Jacquelin someone or other, but I just wanna make sure. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
polkunus said:
i don't get it and this is frustrating.... on top of that this is the only way i can pay :(
Think about it this way:
  1. Order the stuff you want. When you check out, pretend you're using a credit card.
  2. When you get to the page that says "Here is your order summary, including shipping costs and any taxes.", stop.
  3. Now open a new page at paypal.com and sign in.
  4. At the top of the page, you'll see multiple blue tabs. Click the "Send Money" tab.
  5. In the e-mail box, type openpandorasales@gmail.com
  6. In the comments box, copy and paste the text from the previous GBAX window starting with "Here is your order summary, including shipping costs and any taxes." and ending with "To pay please click proceed."
Does that help?

For those skeptical, I went ahead and took the leap of faith, but got good results. I just sent payment to them straight from PayPal without any checkout at a site.

Heres what I included in the email to them when sending payment:
OriginUnknown said:
HI GBAX,

I am following instructions posted by craigix on gp32x.de about pre-ordering. I am paying for the following items:
1x Pandora
1x AirSURE
Total: 197.77 GBP

I would like my order shipped to:
John Smith
555 Fake Street East, APT 101
Toronto, Ontario A1B 2C3
Canada

Thanks,

John
And, about an hour later:

openpandorasales said:
Hi John,

Just to confirm we have received your Paypal order.

Thanks
Jacquelyn
It would be great to get an actual order number from GBAX or something, but at least I know they've got it.

-Origin

I have also place my payment directly to openpandorasales@gmail.com and copying the checkout information.

Hi David,

Just to confirm we have received your Paypal order.

Thanks
Jacquelyn

Great!

I ordered through PayPal and received a phone call confirmation from Jacquelyn (or perhaps PayPal on behalf of Jacquelyn) three hours later...the only problem is that I was not home and my mom answered the call. -______- My mom thought it might have been a charge against her so she didn't really speak about anything. I guess it was just a general confirmation that the transaction went through from GBAX.com... or maybe I needed to actually authorize something? I don't know.
(She used to own the account before I turned 18.)

I had no idea I'd be receiving a call. :/
Will this screw up my chances of getting a Pandora? Did anyone else receive a phone call?
I still haven't received my confirmation e-mail.
My money is paid... :confused:

Well, don't complain, I get no confirmation of anything and it's stressing me badly to see that you all did. :)

Well, don't fret too much. Consider that at 5 PM Eastern Time, it's 10 PM there. Their normal support hours end at 4 PM their time. I'd wait until tomorrow morning and see what you get then.

Hope that relieves some worry. :)

I feel bad about using Paypal now due to Craig having to cover the fees, but my credit card was rejected (probably because it was being processed through a site in the UK).
Well, I'll make sure to buy plenty of accessories later...

Tom` said:
I feel bad about using Paypal now due to Craig having to cover the fees, but my credit card was rejected (probably because it was being processed through a site in the UK).
Well, I'll make sure to buy plenty of accessories later...
Most accessories probably won't benefit craig much, unless they were released by him ;) I apologize for being Mr. Condescending Hypocrite Poster, but you can always buy the dev team donation fund :p

At any rate, I agree, many thanks to Craig and OpenPandora for allowing us to order through PayPal.

-Origin

Yahooo :D , I just got my confirmation for my preorder. They said they were just busy with all the orders they got so the confirmation was delayed a bit so so there is no need to worry for the rest who still didn't get a confirmation, it is going to happen soon. ;)

Just got my confirmation e-mail :D
Now I can rest assured I'll be able to have my :pandora1: this year B) .

using paypal was the only way i could get my order in after countless denials while trying to use my credit card. so i used paypal which is linked to the same card / bank account that i was trying to use in the first place, and the status shows completed on both the original transaction and related transactions (payment to jacquelyn jones / charge from credit card).

so everything seems to have completed and transfered fine, now i'm just waiting for my confirmation email and once i hopefully receive that, i'll be a future first batch 2008 pandora owner :)

i'll also donate to the dev fund once i receive my confirmation email. i'd like to help craigx & company out.

Hmm, please craig confirm my preorder. I paid with the mail: whale.##@########, but I have added to the message that I use a different email. Please confirm I'm kinda worried. :(

edit: It's already 14 hrs after my preorder :(

A little update for PayPal orders. I asked Jacquelyn about getting an order number and any relevant updates. This was her reply:

Jacquelyn said:
Hi,

It's overflowing and flooding all at the same time:)

Yes I will sort out an order numbering system for the Paypal orders once everything has quietened down a bit. We are gbax.com, and you will receive updates from Debs or myself, also updates will be on our websites - www.gbax.com and openpandora.org.

Jacquelyn
-Origin

My transaction/message

==================================================================
Your payment for $375.98 USD to openpandorasales@gmail.com has been sent.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

Currency Conversion: $409.17 CAD = $375.98 USD
The exchange rate for this purchase is 1 CAD = 0.918892USD

Payment Details

Amount: $375.98 USD

Transaction ID: #####################

Subject: PANDORA ORDER for ob#########@######.com

Hi guys, I am also "lobski" on the forums. Hope you guys can keep up!

MY ORDER: Here is your order summary, including shipping costs and any taxes. Items in cart : 1 x Pandora & 1 x Case (Air) Total Items cost: $ 349.98 Shipping cost: $ 26 (International) VAT: $ 0 You do not have to pay VAT.
==================================================================

I didn't get a reply yet, let's hope I do soon!

Back