Sales PAYPAL - IMPORTANT - ALL ORDERS CANCELLED

Good luck to everyone for getting this sorted. One positive thing - that's quite a large whack of profit Paypal isn't getting any more!

barnesy said:
Good luck to everyone for getting this sorted. One positive thing - that's quite a large whack of profit Paypal isn't getting any more!

Or it's quite a large whack of money they get to hold onto until they finally return it to people.

DARNIT. I paid via PayPal...and this really, really sucks. I know that the money has already been withdrawn from my bank account (Bank transaction history says it's been withdrawn), but the payment hasn't appeared on my PayPal account yet, so I don't think GBAX has received my money yet.

I'm sure we'll all get our money back eventually, but this is a real ball buster. $400 is a large sum of money to lose hold of, and now I'm not sure of how we're gonna get our Pandoras. Has Craig already contacted the manufacturing company? How many people placed orders through Pandora?

I've seriously got to hear more information on this. My account shows the payment as going through too....

:(

The checkout required a weird number with my debit/mastercard that wasn't my pin or any other number of combinations I tried so I was forced to use paypal. That in itself was irritating, but now this is just shit icing on a turd cake.

$#@&!

I was originally going to pay with my debit card, but when I noticed that the billing address had to be the shipping address, I opted to go with PayPal (this was when pre-orders first went up, so at the time I didn't know that I could have just e-mailed them to ship to an address other than my billing address). I really hope this gets sorted out as soon as possible and that those that paid with PayPal can retain their spot in the queue.

EDIT: The payment appears as cleared on my PayPal account. I see nothing out of the ordinary to indicate a cancellation. I paid via eCheck, if it means anything.

I ALMOST used PayPal but didn't like the way it was implemented during the preorder.

How about selling the PayPallers a Pandora Certificate (web coupon) that is redeemable for a pre-ordered Pandora?
That way they immediately get what they paid for and they can 'trade' it for a Pandora [that happened to be waiting for them] in November.

Just throwing out a random idea, at this point everyone probably wants out of the PayPal mess.

gp2xs said:
I ALMOST used PayPal but didn't like the way it was implemented during the preorder.

How about selling the PayPallers a Pandora Certificate (web coupon) that is redeemable for a pre-ordered Pandora?
That way they immediately get what they paid for and they can 'trade' it for a Pandora [that happened to be waiting for them] in November.

Just throwing out a random idea, at this point everyone probably wants out of the PayPal mess.

That might be a good idea....

And don't hate on ChronoTriggerFan. He OBVIOUSLY wasn't the only one who wanted to use PayPal, considering the problems these cancellations are causing.

quadomatic said:
gp2xs said:

That might be a good idea....

And don't hate on ChronoTriggerFan. He OBVIOUSLY wasn't the only one who wanted to use PayPal, considering the problems these cancellations are causing.

Well, ChronoTriggerFan is the one who relentlessy ranted on about how PayPal wouldn't have any problems, and if they did, well he would take any extras fees that he had to pay, pointed and laughed at credit card users about how PAYPAL HAD WAY LESS PROBLEMS THAN CREDIT CARD DUUUUR hurrrrr

cant say i didnt see this coming.

Could the Paypal orders be reinstated if the "product" were to ship earlier?
As in... perhaps the Paypal customers could purchase "vouchers", to later be sent a Pandora.

Surely there's a loophole to satisfy those fuckwits...
I don't endorse the use of Paypal, but that's the only viable option for some people D:

Sorry you guys are having trouble :(

This really, really, sucks. But I've long heard stories of PayPal freezing accounts for 6 months just because they felt like it ... lesson learned the hard way, I guess. I feel so damn sorry for anyone who had to use PayPal with no alternative means of payment.

Can somebody tell us if this is going to stop production or something? An official statement would be appreciated.

I just really hope that it was a really small amount of Pandoras sold over paypal. Because it's a big problem for Craig and his business. If the number was large he could simply go bankrupt while waiting for the cash.

I just hope that it won't delay production. And maybe Craig will be able to produce a few more (unpaid) Pandoras for people who ordered via Paypal.

gorman said:
Can somebody tell us if this is going to stop production or something? An official statement would be appreciated.

I'm sure everyone is on pins and needles waiting for something official. Please be patient, there will be something when there is something definitive to say. I only hope for the best for everyone.

cosurgi said:
I just really hope that it was a really small amount of Pandoras sold over paypal. Because it's a big problem for Craig and his business. If the number was large he could simply go bankrupt while waiting for the cash.

I just hope that it won't delay production. And maybe Craig will be able to produce a few more (unpaid) Pandoras for people who ordered via Paypal.
Worst part is, the pandora team will probably end up getting a bad rep for what is essentially paypals fault, and they were actually pandering to the wishes of the users.

i remember when the same shit happened at SA

So what's going to happen with the people who used paypal? Will we get a refund or still somehow get the pandora?

gorman said:
Check the first post of this thread. That is the official statement until we hear otherwise :wink:

It's only been three hours. Dealing with Paypal usually takes days-to-weeks to resolve a situation. Just relax.

Krogoth said:
So what's going to happen with the people who used paypal? Will we get a refund or still somehow get the pandora?
See above.

Chip said:
gorman said:
Check the first post of this thread. That is the official statement until we hear otherwise :wink:

It's only been three hours. Dealing with Paypal usually takes days-to-weeks to resolve a situation. Just relax.

Krogoth said:
See above.
Paypal and relax in the same sentence you are having a laugh aren't you!? I've had a couple of bad experiences with Paypal and shall never use them again, check paypalsucks.com out and see other people's nightmares using them...

Hopefully its not related but I've actually had my credit card frozen late last week and the last transaction on it was the Pandora. I hope someone somewhere hasn't hit the fraud panic alarm.

It might well be completely unrelated but i thought i'd throw it out there

Back