Passed My Driving Test

Steve-O

Just passed my Driving Test on my First Attempt :)

I got 5 miners

1 for gears
1 for steering
1 for turning left
2 for hesitation

I was the only Person to Pass in the whole day :)

Nice one mate ;) I just had my first accident after four months relatively pain free driving. Some old Indian woman rear ended me and then drove off in her battrered old Toyota. The Bastards..... :angry:

:(.. Ill have look out for Indian Women in old battered Toyota's and keep away from them. hehe :) :p

You've done well. Its always a good feeling and a sigh of relief too when you get it :).

I found it a really expensive deal to actually get to the end and have that bit of pink plastic in your back pocket. Especially with someone like BSM who rape you financially speaking... <_<

oh yea, forgot to say, my manoovers were -

Reverse around a corner
3 Point Turn
Emergancy Stop

My lessons were £13 a lesson OR £11 a lesson if I booked 10 :)..

It took me 26 Lessons, the Average amount of lessons is 28 - 30

nice one man, passed mine on the third.

first time i got six minors and one major for driving too slow FAIL

second time eight minors and then one major after fucking up on the worst designed and marked road i have ever seen FAIL

third time six minors PASSED

luckily i'm yet to run into any trouble, twice i've ended up on the side of the road, i live in the country so its no biggie.

the whole process of learning to drive is shittily expensive. Were your lessons half hour ones?

spray posted on Dec 6 2004 at 06:55 PM said:
Were your lessons half hour ones?

Nope. 1 Hour Ones :).... But usually I got 1 Hour 10 mins upto 1 hour 20 mins :)

Goodluck Axeman... You should pass, I was kind of nervous at first waiting then once in I, the time Flew by :)...

If possible, Get a Lesson booked 1 hour before the test :)... I think this helped me as it made me just think it was an extended lesson :D

The Manouvers I got were easy, but I can Easilly Reverse Park and Reverse around a square corner etc etc :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!

Now it's is important to drive alot. Otherwise you will FORGET EVERYTHING!

Do you have your own car? Or so you have to share it with your parents or...

I noticed that people who are getting a car after they passed the test are getting better faster then people who are only driving sometime when they are allowed to get the car of ther parents.

Practice is everything!

Mark posted on Dec 6 2004 at 09:05 PM said:
40 odd lessons in...

:(

Well, Im looking for a Mini.. gonna make it look like an Italian job mini and fire a big centre exhaust on it :)

I cant drive my Parents cars Insurance is too much on a BMW and Ford Maverick (BMW is Insurance Group 13, Maverick Group 10)

Driving a BMW in a empty car park and compairing it to the car I was learning in is insane :).. How much horsepower does a little Fiesta have?? about 90bhp???? well, our BMW has about 170BHP, it was a BIG difference hehe

Mark posted on Dec 6 2004 at 09:05 PM said:
40 odd lessons in...

meh, who cares dude!

i had about 26-30 full hour lessons, and a bitch loada practice with my granddad who is an ex-instructor so we're talking a lot of hours there! always comes in the end!

try not to learn in 2 different cars. Stick to the car your instructor has

Steve-O posted on Dec 7 2004 at 08:12 AM said:
try not to learn in 2 different cars. Stick to the car your instructor has

hmmm, i'd completely disagree with you there

using two different cars is widely recommended by a large number of instructors, you pick things up faster and will be a better driver in the long run.

well, its not recommended by my instructor mainly because there was someone that had there test in a few day or so and they were learning in there own car more than the instructors and now they arent 100% used to driving in either car (like reverse parking, Reversing around corners etc)

Personally I wouldnt recommened it. I just used my Instructors car and passed 1st time :).. If I got used to driving the BMW then I wouldnt be able to properly drive the instructors car on the test.

Steve-O posted on Dec 7 2004 at 10:48 AM said:
well, its not recommended by my instructor mainly because there was someone that had there test in a few day or so and they were learning in there own car more than the instructors and now they arent 100% used to driving in either car (like reverse parking, Reversing around corners etc)

Personally I wouldnt recommened it. I just used my Instructors car and passed 1st time :).. If I got used to driving the BMW then I wouldnt be able to properly drive the instructors car on the test.

well thats obviously stupidity on the part of the learner!

however, when it comes to the day to day driving and those first few months when you're on the road by yourself for the first time being in a car that you're used to will make the world of difference and make you far less likely to have an accident.

driving tests are weird things, i swear they must have quotas or some such lunacy!

spray posted on Dec 7 2004 at 11:32 AM said:
i swear they must have quotas or some such lunacy!

they do, thats why people pass easier at the beginning of the month because if they pass the quota early the will just fail EVERYONE

Back