Passed My Driving Test

prolly
we have to do a manuversbility test

-top to dashes is supposed to be one cone, but the board made it look gay with one dash-
Code:

20 feet distance
             20 feet distance
   []        car

^ 9 foot between cones this way

cones set up like that, go up and right till back bumper even with last cone, reverse till staring point, same up and left, back, and then up and right, pull out of parking lot and drive for 15 minutes with tester and ya pass after you take Drivers ED ( 24 hours classes, 8 hour driving, and pass a test ) then finnaly one last written test
thats how u do it in my State

~Octavious

mattmagoo posted on Dec 7 2004 at 07:23 PM said:
spray posted on Dec 7 2004 at 11:32 AM said:
i swear they must have quotas or some such lunacy!

they do, thats why people pass easier at the beginning of the month because if they pass the quota early the will just fail EVERYONE

That would be illegal though Matt. I've heard it too, and mentioned it to my Instructor who has also heard such ideas, but they couldn't do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark posted on Dec 8 2004 at 04:13 PM said:
mattmagoo posted on Dec 7 2004 at 07:23 PM said:
spray posted on Dec 7 2004 at 11:32 AM said:
i swear they must have quotas or some such lunacy!

they do, thats why people pass easier at the beginning of the month because if they pass the quota early the will just fail EVERYONE

That would be illegal though Matt. I've heard it too, and mentioned it to my Instructor who has also heard such ideas, but they couldn't do that.

no, coz they can go over the quota they just dont like to

meandu229 posted on Dec 8 2004 at 07:19 PM said:
well mine is on the 10th so i am hopin they aint filled the quota up already,,, wish me luck,, any tips for passing in UK

avoid crashing into things

remember that the law states it is illegal to stop for anything in the road smaller than a big dog, that includes all types of wildlife, very young children and midgets.

meandu229 posted on Dec 8 2004 at 07:19 PM said:
well mine is on the 10th so i am hopin they aint filled the quota up already,,, wish me luck,, any tips for passing in UK
An old girlfriend of mine wore the shortest skirt she could find. Try giving that a go ;).

I passed my road test the first time out ... while tripping on mescaline :D

Disclaimer: Don't try this at home kids; drugs are baaad! :angry:

trooper posted on Dec 9 2004 at 10:34 PM said:
No need for luck.
You`ll do it this time Axeman. :)

Trooper

I beg to differ - luck has a lot to do with it when it comes to tests - the road conditions, whether you get fools winding you up, whether you get that car coming around the blind bend at the wrong time, etc etc.

Good luck Axeman - my tip is to open your window a wee bit. It gives you a little bit of extra warning of other cars approaching when reversing around corners etc - you'll hear them, then you just have to pretend you spotted them in the mirrors;)

Now, gotta get this off my chest... I passed 1st time and have been driving for just over 10 years. Last night it took me 8 attempts to reverse park. The shame!

J(ohn)

hhmmm, Axeman hasnt been online since the day of his test, I hope he didnt crash the car :( :huh: :eek:

Heh - Yep!

I Passed :D

Only 3 minor faults too ;)

Have been doing loads of stuff in the last few weeks, so I havent been online as much. SHould pick up again soon :)

Cool, Well done...

thought you crashed the car for a min there with you not being online since the day of your test :p lol

What car are you going to get??

I found a insurance company that will Insure Me, My Mum and Dad on the For Maverick that we have for £800 Fully Comp which is an excellent price. Other sites were quoting prices like £2,000 and £6,000 Fully Comp for a year.

It will be Cool, Ill be driving a 2.7 Turbo Deisel Intercooler 4x4 Off roader :) hehe

OR

I might get a 1.3 Mini Cooper Limitied Edition

Back