Release Panplayer Beta 5 - Uploaded to Repo

Are the source changes available anywhere?

Would be interesting to see how you handled the line problem.
I used the patch described within , it bypasses the yuv.S problem, but it might be something dealing with mplayer itself, and this is just a workaround, I'm not sure if I noticed the problem appearing within the mplayer2 build, I could be wrong though. If someone has a good place where I can upload a source tarball which I can reference to in the PND file and such, I'll upload the whole source tree of mplayer, picklelauncher, and also source xcf files for the skin that I did. Though the source that I used for mplayer for the latest builds are the archlinux mplayer/ffmpeg tarballs located at http://mirrors.kernel.org/archlinux/other/mplayer/ , the absolute latest one, with the omapfb patches located on the openpandora git, and that aforementioned patch changing the yuv function used. Probably not the greatest fix to the problem, whether it is located within the yuv.S file or some other problem, I am not sure, as I know next to nothing about neon assembly, and am not familiar with the ffmpeg/mplayer code base. The only files that I noticed it being a problem was on xvid encoded stuff, so it might be some issue with that particular codec, but maybe not, that's just from my testing.

i typed cd\media nothing showed up why is that.

If that is what you typed in, you have to have a space between it, and it needs to be a backslash, so it would be "cd /media," but probably an easier way would be to type in "df" into the console, it will show you various entries with /dev/... , probably one that you would be looking for is /dev/sr0 or /dev/cdrom or something similar, the last part will be where it is mounted, like /media/cdrom, or whatever, and you can then just type into the terminal "ls /media/cdrom" for example, see if there are files and folders listed there, then press up arrow and you can type in the folder name, like "ls /media/cdrom/folder" for example, just to see if you can actually see the files and folders there, and also see whether you can see them within the file manager on the pandora would probably work too, just suggested terminal in case xfce was doing something special with mounting or something. :)

If that is what you typed in, you have to have a space between it, and it needs to be a backslash, so it would be "cd /media," but probably an easier way would be to type in "df" into the console, it will show you various entries with /dev/... , probably one that you would be looking for is /dev/sr0 or /dev/cdrom or something similar, the last part will be where it is mounted, like /media/cdrom, or whatever, and you can then just type into the terminal "ls /media/cdrom" for example, see if there are files and folders listed there, then press up arrow and you can type in the folder name, like "ls /media/cdrom/folder" for example, just to see if you can actually see the files and folders there, and also see whether you can see them within the file manager on the pandora would probably work too, just suggested terminal in case xfce was doing something special with mounting or something. :)
last part says /media/scd0 and after that i typed /media/cdrom/Godzilla vs megaguirus 2000 and my command wasn't accepted and in bash no such file or directory, my cd has 3 folders in it called and written like this Godzilla vs megaguirus (2000) Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (2002) Godzilla 2000 (1999) so what must write for all this.

Last edited by a moderator:

last part says /media/scd0 and after that i typed /media/scd0 in bash it said scd0: is a directory, my cd has 3 folders in it called and written like this Godzilla vs megaguirus (2000)

Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (2002) Godzilla 2000 (1999) so what must write for all this.
I would try doing "ls /media/scd0/Godzilla*2000*" it'll show the files from both folders, but that is fine, really I just wanted to see if it is something relating to picklelauncher with displaying the files in the folders, or if it is something that is wrong within the OS. And what types of files are within that folder? By default, picklelauncher will display files of the type:

[mkv;mp4;avi;ogm;mpg;flv;ogg;ogv;webm;f4v;mpeg;ts;m2ts;vob;wmv;divx;m4v;mov;asf;qt] , which is all the file formats I could think of to throw at it that would work, but maybe I missed some.

last part says /media/scd0 and after that i typed /media/scd0 in bash it said scd0: is a directory, my cd has 3 folders in it called and written like this Godzilla vs megaguirus (2000)

Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (2002) Godzilla 2000 (1999) so what must write for all this.
I would try doing "ls /media/scd0/Godzilla*2000*" it'll show the files from both folders, but that is fine, really I just wanted to see if it is something relating to picklelauncher with displaying the files in the folders, or if it is something that is wrong within the OS. And what types of files are within that folder? By default, picklelauncher will display files of the type:

[mkv;mp4;avi;ogm;mpg;flv;ogg;ogv;webm;f4v;mpeg;ts;m2ts;vob;wmv;divx;m4v;mov;asf;qt] , which is all the file formats I could think of to throw at it that would work, but maybe I missed some.
Now in terminal it says /media/Godzilla-6.

Yes you have missed one format called 3gp,i have alot of them files but your player doesn't show them,can you put in 3gp aswell.

I just typed this "ls /media/scd0/Godzilla*2000*" the way you written it but no luck.

I've currently been tweaking the configuration to enable options to be set within the launcher, do people want the option to change the cpu speed? It should be possible to do so, but currently you can change the speed before you go into the launcher, since I didn't set a minimum cpu speed, but I can easily change it, though only thing being it would be one way, not two way, so you could set it, but it wouldn't go back to the normal speed, not sure. :)

Edit: Well, that is embarassing, I thought that changing brightness, contrast, and hue worked on panplayer, but I guess I was wrong, even though I said it did, teaches me for assuming something without actually testing it, based off of what desktop mplayer can do.

Hi,

Yesterday I saw a rather major issue with the latest build. It seems that when you display the OSD, the seek position is not updated: it always remains at 00:00:00. And I also realized that depending on the aspect ratio, the OSD was cropped, as subtitles currently are. May I suggest having a look at the latest smplayer2 build that was just released on the repo, which seems to render the OSD into the video? Sure the OSD is then rescaled with the video, but it is less annoying than having it cropped :)

Cheers! ^_^

This player is great. It should include music playing too. make it a full media player.

Back