Beta Panjoust New Beta

MarkoeZ

arr matey?
Website
projectinfinity.org.uk
New Playable snapshot! for Windows and (UNTESTED) for Pandora

This is not yet the next pnd demo, so it still has some small cosmetic issues. But i think enough has improved to make the playing experience more interesting for both newb and expert players.
Also i'm very curious how the GL_ES version works on pandora, so feedback on that very welcome. mine is back for repairs atm. SDL version feedback is nice too ofc

The changes since the last version:
- enemies now detect and chase you when you get close
- difficulty settings added, wussy, normal, hard and insane. Wingflaps, timelimit and scoring adjusted per level. Wingflap limit completely removed in Wussy mode.
- Levels for main game updated, and levels 3 and 5 made considerably larger, more coming
- very raw arcade mode
- very beta 2 player (arcade is most optimised currently) on pc use Q/W for left/right and A for flapping

Install: Download the file, extract on your windows pc or to a pandora SD in the folder of your choice, and execute the appropriate executable.

** One rar containing all executables and data **
It's only about an mb extra anyway

Cheers!

MarkoeZ

OK... quick test (my pandora cross compiler setup is currently borked here so I couldn't compile from SVN... Looking into it!)

• Your "Beta" for the level editor is now on the hi-scores
  • The changes to SimpleJoy for Pandora target have broken your dialog boxes...
I couldn't get in-game on the ES build.

I should explain what exactly WizardStan changed: The new default behavior for Pandora targets is to use the linux event handling so that nub access and such is handled correctly. (The nubs were borked before)

If you want to use SDL's event handling as before you can use a #define PENJIN_SDL_INPUT.
Either put it in the C::B project options or in your makefile or whatever.

But... it's good that you managed to get the backgrounds to display in the ES build! :)

centus said:
Great! thanks for the arcade mode, I'll try it on with my son... ;)

On the PC for now though...

I doubt the 2 player mode is really playable atm, key layout is just weird. Was more a proof of concept.

But i hope you enjoy the game in general :)

Edit: see next post, working on better controls atm ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
PokeParadox said:
[*]Your "Beta" for the level editor is now on the hi-scores
[*]The changes to SimpleJoy for Pandora target have broken your dialog boxes...

hmm i fixed that beta sign locally, thought it was in that latest build as well, dunno...

And what dialog boxes do you mean?

also thanks! :)

edit: Can't wait till you are back in england buddy, got a lot more to ask about the pandora builds :(

Edit2: I'm changing the controls for the 2 player version on both pandora and pc.
On pc it will be cursor left-right for movement, and up for flight for the first player, x and z for movement and s for flight for the second
On pandora, dpad for player one and A/B for left/right and Y for flight for the second player.
Might make it a lot more playable.

Two problems: i don't know how to only reset up pressing on the dpad instead of resetting all the dpad input :S and that makes playing near impossible for player one.
I also now see that A and B are reverse mapped to x and z, so going to have to include some ifdefs for now. Might be a future penjin change though? i could easily do it, but might not be wise yet since that would change a lot of programs.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, for anyone that wants to try the beta 2 player modes:

New Windows Executable
With improved keyboard layout, no crossing arms ;)

It's now just up/left/right for player one, and Z/X for left/right and S for flight for player two. Should also map nicely to Pandora buttons, but that build has some issues.

Just replace the old exe, or let them both there, whatever :)

Cheers!
MarkoeZ

Back