Pandoras For Sale

EvilDragon said:
WizardStan said:
Neko said:
Craig doesn't have an ebay account, so these are being sold by Jacquelyn. Normally she sells hats when she's not working for Craig.
I think we may have found the smoker in the office ;)

Craig sure doesn't smoke. At least not the two weeks I stayed with him ;)
I was referring to Jacqueline. It's her ebay account of hats, isn't it? Complaint about smoke smell on hat, complaint about smoke smell in Pandora, I just put two and two together to get 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
EvilDragon said:
WizardStan said:
Neko said:
Craig doesn't have an ebay account, so these are being sold by Jacquelyn. Normally she sells hats when she's not working for Craig.

I was referring to Jacqueline. It's her ebay account of hats, isn't it? Complaint about smoke smell on hat, complaint about smoke smell in Pandora, I just put two and two together to get 5 (for extremely large values of 2)
where theres smoke theres fire.

link i would just like to point out....that you and i would get along quite nicely IRL

WizardStan said:
EvilDragon said:
WizardStan said:
Neko said:

I am reasonably but not 100% sure that a wood burning stove or similar device comes into the equation somewhere. I certainly could smell something of a smoke effect on some of the "inside" packing of my Pandora, it was not however cigarettes, jazz or otherwise.
I might also note that nowhere on any official site or on ebay does it state that the devices come from a smoke free environment. It also doesnt have any statement re peanuts so those averse to peanuts should be wary.

I certainly hope that the assembly team wash their hands after they go to the toilet, especially after a number 2

mosschops said:
I am reasonably but not 100% sure that a wood burning stove or similar device comes into the equation somewhere. I certainly could smell something of a smoke effect on some of the "inside" packing of my Pandora, it was not however cigarettes, jazz or otherwise.

Yes! There's an open fire for heating in the room where the units are flashed!
It's winter, so it's probably burning :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
mosschops said:

and with all due defference to the nasal capabilities of those closely involved, folks who smoke or who have coal/wood fires rarely smell the smoke due to them being used to it. Thos os uf who have smoked or had such devices or even never had them notice very easily the smell. The same goes for cats, dogs and The Elderley.

mosschops said:
EvilDragon said:
mosschops said:

and with all due defference to the nasal capabilities of those closely involved, folks who smoke or who have coal/wood fires rarely smell the smoke due to them being used to it. Thos os uf who have smoked or had such devices or even never had them notice very easily the smell. The same goes for cats, dogs and The Elderley.
We have a wood-burning stove here, and I can still smell it. :p

For what it's worth, though, wood smoke doesn't smell much like cigarette smoke, and a wood stove still wouldn't explain the tobacco Pleng found.

Got mine too. (it's a batch 1 unit)

I just think it's a shame those units have not been sent to those who wait for it for a loooong time :(

BAFelton said:
Got mine too. (it's a batch 1 unit)

I just think it's a shame those units have not been sent to those who wait for it for a loooong time :(

I think the timing might be a little unfortunate - a few people who paid 2 years ago might feel a bit bent that somebody paying today is getting something today, but these are refurbs and everybody who purchased one is getting a new unit. There are a few ways this could've been handled differently that would've satisfied the batch 1ers in particular, but the batch 2ers as well.

1. Hold off selling the refurbs until all of batch 1 and/or 2 are out the door.
2. Give batch 1 and batch 2 the option to go for a refurb, with same warranty, but with knowledge it's a refurb. Kind of the same thing with the 1 nubbers, but I'm guessing there's a lot of overhead keeping track of this, and it just may not have been worth it.

It's done, and I'm not seeing a lot of bemoaning on the boards. I think everybody's excited that things are shipping again. Holding these units off would've taken up room while they were simply sitting there, and I can't begrudge OpenPandora getting a cash infusion for units they couldn't have sold as new.

Looking forward to getting my unit.

Back