Pandora's Backlight.

Hmm, looks interesting but I'm sure, the Pandora Screen is a finished and complete product with Touchscreen, LCD AND Backlight included, so there is no use for this Fiber Optic System.

will the back light be fully adjustable?, will it be posable to accurately calibrate the screen?

Viking, are you around benheck forums? We were actually just considering a group buy on these today, surprised it came up here too. Actually, we could theoretically replace the pandora backlight with these, they have very low power draw, and incredible diffusion properties! Of course, that is why they are so expensive...And just because it is a single unit does not mean the screen cant be modded. I have a DS with new, brighter lighting that I installed, all you need to do is cut away part of the metal frame.

palmertech said:
Viking, are you around benheck forums? We were actually just considering a group buy on these today, surprised it came up here too. Actually, we could theoretically replace the pandora backlight with these, they have very low power draw, and incredible diffusion properties! Of course, that is why they are so expensive...And just because it is a single unit does not mean the screen cant be modded. I have a DS with new, brighter lighting that I installed, all you need to do is cut away part of the metal frame.
Yeah thats me, did you want to chip it go get some? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Viking said:
palmertech said:
Yeah thats me, did you want to chip it go get some? :huh:

I'm going to assume you mean "Chip in to get some?". :D I am talking to a few of my friends right now, I am trying to get them to help. Unfortunately, it seems that most of the modding community would rather do it the cheap, easy way (LED mod). And the few that would be interested would rather just drop some dough on an AEIcomp screen... I just happened to get my hands on a few of these, I know someone who worked for a company that got a bunch of these for prototyping, and I happened to get a few for free! B) Most of them were too long and narrow for what I needed, but one of them was an almost perfect fit for my ds screen. Looks really nice, I might take some pics if I can find my DS! :p I also have a calculator that I fitted with one of these things. Funny, $1 calculator, using a $40 backlight. As far as the Pandora LCD goes, it has a really, really nice backlight, the same one that is used in the archos 605 I believe, and that thing has a gorgeous screen. As a final note, you cannot use these to backlight an orginal GBA, it can only be frontlit.

Hessiess said:
will the back light be fully adjustable?, will it be posable to accurately calibrate the screen?
I don't think you're going to want to be doing color-sensitive graphic design work on your Pandora. :rolleyes:

Back