Pandora Touch Screen

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking, but it's just one would have to be a little smaller for the other to be full size. The idea is that you'd hit a key and the big and little screen would switch places. You only really need to use one at a time for many games, anyway.

Shiny said:
I was exaggerating. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.
I'm never meant to be taken seriously. :p

2. Just because the pandora won't have Elite Beat Agents doesn't mean it won't have its own touch screen intensive games

I kinda am just hopeful that it will have touch screen games period! of any kind. Give me a Brain Age style Sudoku for cryin' out loud!

3. I couldn't find a picture of an F200 with a broken screen.

That's because touch screens don't break. Ever. Just like my Zodiac's screen never broken exactly 7 days after I received it from ebay. :)

4. That's not my image; take it up with m-.-n :)

It was a xkcd mis-quote. My attempt to be both humorous and hip to the latest memes - although that particular comic ran about 6 months ago....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiroe said:
Does the pandora have a way of telling if the screen is closed? that would really help with power saving. In fact if it can't i'd consider it a critical flaw.

of coarse if it can't you can always extend one of the keyboard buttons so the screen pushes it down when it's closed...

we have a wide screen on the pandora... maybe both ds screens could go side by side?
Yes, it uses a Hall effect sensor which can tell when the speakers are close to it - when the lid is closed. It passes this along to the software, allowing the user to choose what happens when the lid is closed (nothing, suspend to RAM, suspend to SD/hibernate, etc).

Will have Pandora a touchscreen pen or will be operated only by fingers? I hate fingerprints on screen and with that resolution could be interesting to have a smaller "point" over screen that finger.

rasczak said:
Will have Pandora a touchscreen pen or will be operated only by fingers? I hate fingerprints on screen and with that resolution could be interesting to have a smaller "point" over screen that finger.
Search for "stylus". The answer is there.

CrocFoil is producing excellent screen protection foil with 5 years warranty on scratches and failure. I have them on my mobile phone and on my F200. Prefect, but a bit expensive (about 15,-EUR or so...)

Vorporeal said:
Hiroe said:
Does the pandora have a way of telling if the screen is closed? that would really help with power saving. In fact if it can't i'd consider it a critical flaw.

of coarse if it can't you can always extend one of the keyboard buttons so the screen pushes it down when it's closed...

we have a wide screen on the pandora... maybe both ds screens could go side by side?
Yes, it uses a Hall effect sensor which can tell when the speakers are close to it - when the lid is closed. It passes this along to the software, allowing the user to choose what happens when the lid is closed (nothing, suspend to RAM, suspend to SD/hibernate, etc).

You're not serious about that, are you? A switch in the hinge would make so much more sense - i.e. what's it gonna do if you put a piece of cardboard on the speakers? ;)

Nilsiboy said:
You're not serious about that, are you? A switch in the hinge would make so much more sense - i.e. what's it gonna do if you put a piece of cardboard on the speakers? ;)
A switch in the hinge is a potential point of physical failure. A hall effect sensor cannot break, as it has no moving parts. Cardboard does not block magnetic fields, so even if you did put a piece of it in front of the speakers (why?!), it wouldn't affect the operation of the sensor.

Chip said:
Cardboard does not block magnetic fields, so even if you did put a piece of it in front of the speakers (why?!), it wouldn't affect the operation of the sensor.

For doing a Redneck / Homeless tribute Pandora case mod.

Sorry, I was obviously not thinking enough when I wrote my post >.>
For some weird reason I was thinking the speakers are on the lower part o_0

Again, my bad ^^

Back