Pandora Social Site

bakawhite

I'm throwing together a team to build a social site for the Pandora based around programs and development. This project was discussed my me earlier in the thread "for all of us" in software.
Please if anyone is interested in helping build such a system, please contact me or reply here.

I'm a fairly good designer if I dare so myself. I'd like more discussion in the thread as to exactly what this is before I contribute tho.

This application/site is like facebook, for pandora applications. It's the programs that matter here and the people that develop them are you. It is basically an archive with a focus on getting projects done.
I intend that it'd be a place connected to an application on your pandora that would update you on any projhect you are working on/ interested in. It's very complex and I suggest that simply the goal of an easy-to-learn easy-to-help developer page be worked on currently to get the idea nailed down in time for the second batch.

throw some assembla in there and you're good. The focus is developing as a community and easily letting everyone do so, especially first-timers.

An oddbody is someone like me who can't really contribute, but can step in and get little things done, if needed. It's for these kind of people the site is made for.

I own the domain Pandoramic.com, which i bought for this purpose, if you want to use that domain, or collaborate on a site, i'm happy to help.

Thanks for the icebreaker.

Update:
After shuffling around my life and friends with know-how I've thought that It would be better to wait until :
a)we actually have pandoras and programs that need developing.
b)a good chunk of people and time
c)pandora users fed up with the archive and however the developers communicate/ work with people.

This idea isn't strictly mine and I never intended it to be. If anyone doesn't like the idea of waiting for this til second production or when-have-you, please take it over or do whatever as you see fit.

interesting... i really like the idea, but i dont think i would get involved until ive bought a pandora. i wasnt able to get in on the first batch, unfortunately, so who knows when that will be.

If you're going for a social site, surely Joomla + Community Builder should considered?

I would like to help out on a site like this. I've been thinking of something similar. I work as a webdesigner and know Joomla and Wordpress, although WP is not an option here. I specialize in gui and identity design

Phpbb is rubbish I agree.
Shame someone hasnt thought (I haven't checked) of a pandora market, not for selling apps but for downloading direct to the pandora.
It would be very useful. although you could prolly do some web app like that and just browse for it on the pandora...
But I was thinking of more of a pandora app that does it. p&|a as seen on the wii homebrew channel.

Trouble with app downloading is that root folders get messy quite quickly. it would be great if the app also sorted the extracting of the folder too.. something unified so you don't get multiple folders or catgories. :)

Just an idea..

As for the website idea make it very simple and basic catagories/sub catagories. something like http://linuxappfinder.com/ just a bit nicer looking, and less clutter.
maybe something custom would be easier rather than working on often overcrowded prebuilt systems that have too much background stuff going on.

Trevsweb said:
Phpbb is rubbish I agree.
Shame someone hasnt thought (I haven't checked) of a pandora market, not for selling apps but for downloading direct to the pandora.
It would be very useful. although you could prolly do some web app like that and just browse for it on the pandora...
But I was thinking of more of a pandora app that does it. p&|a as seen on the wii homebrew channel.

Trouble with app downloading is that root folders get messy quite quickly. it would be great if the app also sorted the extracting of the folder too.. something unified so you don't get multiple folders or catgories. :)

Just an idea..

As for the website idea make it very simple and basic catagories/sub catagories. something like http://linuxappfinder.com/ just a bit nicer looking, and less clutter.
maybe something custom would be easier rather than working on often overcrowded prebuilt systems that have too much background stuff going on.
What about http://archive.openpandora.org/? You can browse it on your pandora and download any apps you like.

Back