Pandora Screenshots

hells_dark

★★★
Website
breves.openlimeade.net
Hi,

Well, here is a classic.

Show us your pandora desktop !
Or skinned menu, or anything as long as it's a screenshot from a pandora :)

:pandora2ut4:

Here is a guide from SomeGuy99 showing how to take screenshots.

Last edited by a moderator:
screen100614004650.png

Alerino said:
Someguy99: is that a Gay Pride flag?

It seems the colours are similar, but in a different order.

screen100614174624.png

I've been customizing my Pandora but I'm not ready to post screenshots yet .. I maxed out the icon spacing and made the taskbar much more usable with fingertips .. seems like there is a very ripe opportunity here for anyone who can really get in there and hack the theme set, it would be very nice to see someone focus on this for a while and come up with a truly splenderific theme ..

Big Up Pandora Pride!

I'm trying to find those fanstastic wallpapers that a guy I think is called Taylor did (I know it's not a great deal of info...) Specifically the ones with the ribbons. They were awesome and I'd like to use them as my wallpaper. Anyone got any idea of what I'm talking about? :)

Mqark said:
I'm trying to find those fanstastic wallpapers that a guy I think is called Taylor did (I know it's not a great deal of info...) Specifically the ones with the ribbons. They were awesome and I'd like to use them as my wallpaper. Anyone got any idea of what I'm talking about? :)

This guy?

Also: 800*480 wallpapers here

fraseyboy said:
Would there be a way to put a 'theme' in a PND so that beginners like me can install them easily?

Yeah. You can get a PND to install stuff to the Nand.

If I could make a working PND, I could write the script to do it I think. Er... I need to examine how Zeneity works though :D

Penix said:
Mqark said:

This guy?

Also: 800*480 wallpapers here

Perfect! That's exactly what I was thinking of :) Thanks - going to combine this with Someguys theme and it'll look lovely (IMHO)!

Guys, check out the link in my sig for making screenshots. Just a heads up. B)

torpor said:
I've been customizing my Pandora but I'm not ready to post screenshots yet .. I maxed out the icon spacing and made the taskbar much more usable with fingertips .. seems like there is a very ripe opportunity here for anyone who can really get in there and hack the theme set, it would be very nice to see someone focus on this for a while and come up with a truly splenderific theme ..

Big Up Pandora Pride!

I've made XFCE themes before (by reverse engineering existing ones, heh).

I could mod existing themes to make the titlebars bigger, which is something I might do.

If someone wants to mock up screenshots of a new theme, I can hack it together for them.

I don't have any inspiration regarding making a brand new theme. I once replicated the Luna theme though (the default XP one, did it in vectors) and it looked pretty damn close to the real thing, which pleased me.

screen100615150339.png

screen100615150352.png

I really really really want that theme... I love the ubuntu Dust theme... anyway you can pnd it for public use please :D

HackModford said:
I really really really want that theme... I love the ubuntu Dust theme... anyway you can pnd it for public use please :D

I tried making a PND but it crashed XFCE. You don't want my PNDs!

Follow the guide on my signature 'make xfce sexy'. It's handy to get aquainted with the shell anyway, because you'll always hit obstacles in Linux without a little bit of it.

It's nice not to rely on others too. What if I waited around for someone to make a PND of the dust theme? I'd be waiting ages man! I got a little impatient. B)

What I mean is, it's empowering to be able to do it yourself. The Pandora is all about DIY.

Has any one tried the compositing effects in xfce yet? Or compiled kde4 with opengl|es support?

greendots said:
Has any one tried the compositing effects in xfce yet? Or compiled kde4 with opengl|es support?

Yep. There're on in my screenshots (check out the shadows).

Yeah I'm using the shadow effect and it works perfectly without overclocking. I decided not to do the setting that makes windows contents visible while dragging since I like it already.

That tutorial was great! Just what I needed. I'm by no means afraid of doing stuff like that so a PND isn't alway necessary for me ;)

I feel I understand how the theming works now and might change things later. For instance I went with the blue shiki theme.

HackModford said:
Yeah I'm using the shadow effect and it works perfectly without overclocking. I decided not to do the setting that makes windows contents visible while dragging since I like it already.

That tutorial was great! Just what I needed. I'm by no means afraid of doing stuff like that so a PND isn't alway necessary for me ;)

I feel I understand how the theming works now and might change things later. For instance I went with the blue shiki theme.

Come on then, make with the screenshots!

HackModford said:
How do I do screenshots?
Follow SomeGuy99's directions . . . again. http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54397-guide-screenshots/

Back