Pandora Screenshots

Michie4life said:
Chero said:
Some Gnome ?
How did you do this!?!?!?

I'm still in testing stage. What you can do to prepare : make sure you install the rootfs to run from an SD card.
(that way you can leave the nand as is and test all you want)

Last edited by a moderator:
Chero said:
Michie4life said:
Chero said:
Some Gnome ?

I'm still in testing stage. What you can do to prepare : make sure you install the rootfs to run from an SD card.

I'm using mounted loopback files (Stuckie's system).

How did you install Gnome?!

SomeGuy99 said:
Chero said:
Michie4life said:
Chero said:
Some Gnome ?

I'm using mounted loopback files (Stuckie's system).

How did you install Gnome?!

It works fine on the beagleboard..

SomeGuy99 said:
TrashyMG said:

Good to know. How well does it run, relatively speaking?

It's fine for normal web / office use... I can run a Nautilus window and use Gnome-Mplayer ( well non .h264 videos) fine.

TrashyMG said:
SomeGuy99 said:
TrashyMG said:

It's fine for normal web / office use... I can run a Nautilus window and use Gnome-Mplayer ( well non .h264 videos) fine.

If you get time, I'd be interested to know the RAM and cpu usage. It would be interesting to compare it to XFCE.

SomeGuy99 said:
TrashyMG said:
SomeGuy99 said:
TrashyMG said:

If you get time, I'd be interested to know the RAM and cpu usage. It would be interesting to compare it to XFCE.

I think XFCE will still be better, when I get some time I'll install the XFCE packages and post some info.

If we could have more skins in PND format (download-click-install-done), it would be very cool for beginners and for lazy people like me :D .

dflemstr said:
Dunny said:
I really want to see KDE4 and Enlightenment DR17. That would rock.
Separately or at the same time? Both things would be possible ;)

I've installed both on my Slack partition, and DR17 is great - very, very different way of doing things. KDE4 I'd like to see just for the graphical effects, as it's not that different to Windows, truth be told.

D.

Dunny said:
I've installed both on my Slack partition, and DR17 is great - very, very different way of doing things. KDE4 I'd like to see just for the graphical effects, as it's not that different to Windows, truth be told.
I use both (Windows and KDE that is) and believe me, the differences are enormous. Once you start using KDE, Windows 7 looks like an obsolete toy for school children.

</biased> ;)

dflemstr said:
Dunny said:
I use both (Windows and KDE that is) and believe me, the differences are enormous. Once you start using KDE, Windows 7 looks like an obsolete toy for school children.

</biased> ;)

Well, I'm maybe not so biased :)

I am dual-booting Slack64 and Win7, and although I prefer the way that KDE does things, you have to admit that the font rendering (even with the 96DPI forced and Windows fonts installed) is still bloody awful. Not to mention the size issues with GTK apps. Apps written with KDE in mind tend to look quite nice, but the variety of GUI toolkits out there makes things just a mess, in my opinion :)

D.

Testing whether any sites work with my dark style and forced system colours.
screen100627-043823.png

EDIT: While I'm here, configuring the pandora kernel:
screen100625-205005.png

Back