Pandora Desktop Environment Prototype Try 2 (screenshots And Videos)

Why is resolution in .xsession set to 740x450? Isn't the Pandora's resolution 800x480? Also, xrandr fails to work on my installation of VMware; what did you do to make it work? Alternatively, what are the steps to make it work with Xephyr? Xephyr looks like this to me:

Whereas VMware's X server looks fine, except it's 800x600.

Also: are the icons going to be the size shown in wesbrown18's mock-ups, or MDave's? I think for such a small screen, the icons should be 96x96, not 48x48.

iain.dalton said:
Why is resolution in .xsession set to 740x450? Isn't the Pandora's resolution 800x480? Also, xrandr fails to work on my installation of VMware; what did you do to make it work? Alternatively, what are the steps to make it work with Xephyr? Xephyr looks like this to me:

pandoraxephyrht5.png

Whereas VMware's X server looks fine, except it's 800x600.

Also: are the icons going to be the size shown in wesbrown18's mock-ups, or MDave's? I think for such a small screen, the icons should be 96x96, not 48x48.
That's the resolution that works on wesbrown's monitor, closest to Pandora's for testing ;)

The icon sizes will be user configurable. I made them 96 x 96 because its better to scale down images then to scale up, to maintain quality ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
have some kind of panel on the side(s) that autohides, reappearing when we put the cursor at that edge. we should be able to
-launch apps via a menu of some sort
-switch between running apps
-common configs like sound volume, wifi & bt connections
-view battery status

basically everything you can do on the top gnome panel in Ubuntu, Debian etc ^^

iain.dalton said:
Also, xrandr fails to work on my installation of VMware; what did you do to make it work?
iain.dalton I didn't think VMWare supported ARM but your post (and possibly this: http://maemovmware.garage.maemo.org/ ) seem to indicate otherwise. Any chance of releasing your VMWare image for others to make use of? Would prove useful I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back