What does your Pandora's desktop look like? Share screenshots here!

Would anyone (Gruso, Anihil8ion2199) please tell me where the Conky config files go? Is it in /media/X/pandora/appdata? Nothing seems to be working for me with the Conky PND. I see it generating a conky.config file in that directory, but it does not want to load Spirit's .conkyrc files (and I did change the paths to my SD cards).
copy and pasta the contents of your .conkyrc into the conky.conf in appdata, overwriting the previous contents and you are set. The pandorabattery script should sit in your home, or you change the location of the script in your conky.conf

Thank you. I had tried that, but to no avail. If you can believe it, I had to delete Conky.pnd and replace it for it to work.

Credit to guax for the background. I believe he edited the Pandora logo onto the monolith (he posted this in my review thread after I mentioned that I named my Pandora TMA1).

screen110310122119.png

Last edited by a moderator:
@ David: Sorry for the late response, but good to see you got it working...

For anyone else who wants Conky working I followed the directions in Gruso's post here.

My_Panda_wpaper.jpg

Still a w.i.p. but this is what my first wallpaper will look like on my Panda when I get my grubby hands on her. If I get it by the 24th of this month this would be a very happy b'day boy (an old b'day boy) and the Panda pic is my present for her as she will be for me ;)

This is what I've been able to figure out so far.

I'm rather pleased with the sense of depth I've created with my new background and the transparency effects I found under 'Window Manager Tweaks'. But I really wish I knew how to change the colour of my drag selection box - it's red! How awful! :blink:

Also, how do we get to choose where on the desktop icons appear?

P.s. It would be absolutely *amazing* if there were a way to change the drag selection box 'colour' to the same transparency effect that's applied to windows I no longer have in focus... :eek: B)

screen110312-140840.png

screen110312-141632.png

screen110312-142659.png

screen110312-144259.png

screen110312-144527.png

screen110312-144944.png

screen110312-145532.png

And.... ? :)

Digitized telepathy perhaps?

It's the Shiki-Noble theme with white pandora logo and transparency's effects from this tuto

The wifi logo at the left is a launcher to enable wifi (pnd_run /usr/pandora/apps/op_wifi.pnd)

If you like my bigger scroll bar and you want to change the desktop icon text to white, open mousepad and write it that code :

Code:
style "xfdesktop-icon-view" {

XfdesktopIconView::label-alpha = 75

base[NORMAL] = "#000000"

base[SELECTED] = "#eeeeee"

base[ACTIVE] = "#000000"

fg[NORMAL] = "#ffffff"

fg[SELECTED] = "#ffffff"

fg[ACTIVE] = "#ffffff"

}

widget_class "*XfdesktopIconView*" style "xfdesktop-icon-view"

style "scroll"

{

GtkScrollbar::slider-width        = 25

GthScrollbar::stepper-size        = 25

}

class "*" style "scroll"
then save the files as : ".gtkrc-2.0" in your /home/YOURNAME directory, then reboot or logout

It´s great to have my Pandora back, I watched this thread with envy now I feel better.

screen.png

Aye thats right lads make my envy GROW >:|

Bah only a few more months then a can post ma screenshot and join yous!

How'd you change the color to the taskbar like that, because that is how I'd like mine to be. I checked the themes but the closest to what I wanted was the Dusk theme but I didn't like how dark it made everything in the windows. So what I'm looking for is;

- Dark Grey taskbar (maybe a little transparent)

- A white start menu symbol

- White lettering

- No highlighting on the desktop words

- And is there anyway to show symbols to the apps in the start menu? (if not that don't really matter)

Any help would be appreciated. After getting it setup I'll post a pic. ;)

Back