What does your Pandora's desktop look like? Share screenshots here!

Prometheus

As the title suggests, this thread is for sharing screenshots of how your Pandora's desktop environment (be that Xfce, Minimenu, or whatever else you happen to be using) is currently looking. You can use this guide to set up a screenshot script and assign it to a hotkey combination of your choosing.

Here's how mine looks at the time of writing;

screen110308-112540.png

I'm using a pretty much uncustomised Xfce (I've only added a few hotkeys and tweaked the launcher icons on the panel a bit), and my current desktop background is made from some old high-resolution press-kit images from Mega Man & Bass.

How does your Pandora's setup look right now?

Last edited by a moderator:
i gotta say Prometheus, above all else, you are very consistent...

Reporting in.

desktop.png

Pretty vanilla XFCE setup here, the only real customization is the terminal font (azuki_font.ttf) and the heavy use of translucency.

Gruso: I love what you've done with Conky - any chance we could get a look at the conf file for that?

Credit to Spirit for the Conky config. Details in this thread, post #6:

anyideas why the script results in that A character for temperature?

also do you get mounting issues where wbar and/or conky won't show/mount; or if wbar does start does it loses an application in launcher and also wbar confif won't open.

sorry for off topic!

@DaMummy - I have no idea what you could possibly mean. :p

@milkshake - If you'd taken that snapshot one minute earlier, the clock would have read 13:37.

@Gruso - WOW, that looks awesome! Getting to see (and learn more about) stuff like that is one of the reasons I started this thread. :D

anyideas why the script results in that A character for temperature?

also do you get mounting issues where wbar and/or conky won't show/mount; or if wbar does start does it loses an application in launcher and also wbar confif won't open.

sorry for off topic!
The misplaced A is usually the type of thing you see when a font doesn't support a special character. Maybe it can be fixed in the scripts, but to be honest I've never looked in there!

I haven't had the other issues you asked about. There's lots of good info in the wbar thread though, might be worth asking there:

@ vminko: Have you gotten .PNDs to work in Gentoo? If so I'm totally dumping Ångström for Gentoo when I get mine!

Back