Pandora Rebirth Competition (2012-01-09)

@Ziz and @PokeParadox: I don't use SDL, and what made you think I'm making a game ?
It doesn't matter, what you do. Once I've made a clock with SDL - no game.

Whatever you do, you should be able to cross compile it. E.g., if you make a GUI application, I am quite sure, you will use a widget toolkit for creating graphical user interfaces like gtk+ or qt.

Shouldn't be to hard to compile it for the pandora and to find testers. ;-)

I won't have any time in januari, and also not that much in februari. Plus I would have to get used to SDL (haven't worked with it before) so I doubt I would be able to create something worth entering.

Plus, I wouldn't have any idea on what to create <.<

I like quatercast splash (even if I dislike the idea of a slash alltogether)

@Prom, yes please split/merge splash posts here in the splash thread (with a link here to it)

Im gonna try make a game for this, Im thinking of gameideas right now.

Maybe we can make a thread with the projects presentations and following development?

Hello all,

first post, but have been following these for ages.

I have something going for the compo too.

But I would like to give a go on the banner and poster if they are not yet done/finished/choosen.

Just need a couple days...(I hope)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like quatercast splash (even if I dislike the idea of a slash alltogether)

@Prom, yes please split/merge splash posts here in the splash thread (with a link here to it)
Done, and I curse you for it, Seb, because it took ages. :p

Apparently the forum software doesn't like multi-page splits, so I had to split four separate threads out, then merge them all together with Binky's existing thread in General Talk. :p The final result is here.

Thankfully no-one commented on all of the subjects of this thread in one post, because that would have been problematic. :p

Has somebody already ported REBOL/VIEW to the Pandora or knows it is already running on the Pandora?

That would be a winner imho.

The rules say you can apply with almost anything, I suppose a Quake TC (total conversion) mod would also be allowed to enter the competition?

It should run with shareware files only (which the user can get for free, legally) so I don't think there would be any licensing problems either.

Main point of a Quake mod is that you have a base ready, running on Pandora, and all the rest can be done on a PC. (No Pandora for me yet.)

The rules say you can apply with almost anything, I suppose a Quake TC (total conversion) mod would also be allowed to enter the competition?

It should run with shareware files only (which the user can get for free, legally) so I don't think there would be any licensing problems either.

Main point of a Quake mod is that you have a base ready, running on Pandora, and all the rest can be done on a PC. (No Pandora for me yet.)

Sure, if you want to do that, that's fine as well.

Isn't the point of a "total conversion" that you don't need any of the original files (content)?

I can't program but I have a pandora, just putting this out there, if anyone wants to program for this competition with the intention of winning a pandora for there own, I'm willing to pair up with someone and test the software for them. I'm not looking for part of the prize or anything, just don't know how else I can help out. I only really want to work with one person because i don't know how much of a commitment this will be and only want to promise to have the time for one person, but i will do my best to work with who ever it is.

If anyone is interested just PM me. I will then remove (or have) this post removed.

Cheers

Isn't the point of a "total conversion" that you don't need any of the original files (content)?

Well, yeah, that would be ideal, but there are some files in id1 that can't really be replaced, unless using a customized engine. If I have time, I might aswell do that, but I'm afraid the time is barely enough for the mod itself.

damn, I still waiting for my Pandora... This competition is a trolling?

translated this announce to russian and posted on my site.. maybe someone get the prize

the celebration will be honestly when all preorders will be delivered to the users. there is russian old proverb - "Never say "HOP!" before you jump "

I'm not arguing with that. I've been waiting for over two years. I would even have waited longer had I known that people get more RAM now. Which is what you will get. Consider yourself lucky and practice a bit more patience. ED is working his ass off to deliver the goods. And he will, I'm sure.

i know it, ED is a work-a-holic..

I'm waiting just little more than 1 year. not too bad, i know.

Back