pandora ramdomly resetting

lancesg1

So I'm here at work doing the late shift and was playing ff7 on my pandora when it all of a sudden ressett it self, I rebooted the psx emu and it did it again not more than 1min in the game again. Its done this 4 times now. Any ideas? And don't say I need to rma this for the love of god I don't want to do that

Try reseating your battery, make sure it's properly aligned with the contacts. You may need to add some padding to make sure that contact is unbroken.

So just to get it clear the pandora completly resets, it starts booting up again.

have you checked whether your on switch springs back?
Yes just completely resets. Screen gives weird lines then starts booting up again.

Try reseating your battery, make sure it's properly aligned with the contacts. You may need to add some padding to make sure that contact is unbroken.
I did notice a small crack around the batery cover near were the contacts are. Right above the hindge

So its still doing the random resetting. I think its the battery door. Can u take the wrapping of the batteries and put something in there to make it not bulge the door?

So its still doing the random resetting. I think its the battery door. Can u take the wrapping of the batteries and put something in there to make it not bulge the door?

Is your battery puffed up? That would explain the bulge in the battery door. If so, better not use it, better RMA it :)

When reseating the battery and batter door, does the battery door make a "click"? Mine needs a bit of a push so the door clicks into place.

My battery can move up/down slightly if knocked causing it to lose contact wit the pins. I put a small rolled up piece of card between the top of edge of the battery and the slot it fits into.

This is from the view of holing the Pandora upside down with the sd slots at the bottom.

To see if it's the same problem try holding the battery in place and then see if you can slide it up/down (or maybe even left right).

Last edited by a moderator:

Is your battery puffed up? That would explain the bulge in the battery door. If so, better not use it, better RMA it :)

When reseating the battery and batter door, does the battery door make a "click"? Mine needs a bit of a push so the door clicks into place.
No its not puffed up. Its just very tight and has cracked the battery door.

Its just hard to close cause I have to push down hard to get I to click. So he battery door cracked already

So I put a price off cardboard in to keep it from moving and it is still resetting. Itself. Think I might need to Rma it. Damn

So I have it set a 800mhz and opp at 5 and it still resetting itself! Any other ideas?

So I put a price off cardboard in to keep it from moving and it is still resetting. Itself. Think I might need to Rma it. Damn
Does it reset if you just leave it running the same software but sitting on a table undisturbed? I would test this while not overclocked for sure.

I also agree that doing a reflash just to make sure the OS isn't to blame would be a good idea. Sometimes the installer doesn't set things up cleanly from time to time. You don't know until you get all the way in which is not part of the setup before shipping.

So this a shot in the dark here but would class 10 cards maybe the issue with my Pandora resetting. Will have time tonight to reflash and try to figure it out but I was just throwing that out there. What do you guys think?

Back