Is this the dreaded Purple Tint of Death?

Barnaby

Website
Visit site
I've had my Pandora for a few months now, but have only recently really gotten into playing games on it for long stretches of time with FFIX. I picked it up this morning, and after a few minutes of playing the whole screen was covered with a purple and green mess. At first I thought it was that the plugin in PSXReARMed had failed or something, so I closed it back to desktop and it was still doing it. Rebooted - still doing it, so I think that rules out any software issues. I tilted my screen a little bit, and the mess vanished. I haven't gotten the Pandora to do it again yet, which is why there's no photos - if it happens again I'll add some photos. Does this mean I have to RMA my unit? And if I do, will they just replace the LCD cable, or will keep it for a while till more Pandora parts are in and send me a new one? I don't want to be without my Pandora for ages, I've grown really attatched to it and I don't have any other handhelds or MP3 players...

EDIT: It now does it sometimes when I tilt the screen up, so I took a picture:

GEDC1166.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had my Pandora for a few months now, but have only recently really gotten into playing games on it for long stretches of time with FFIX. I picked it up this morning, and after a few minutes of playing the whole screen was covered with a purple and green mess. At first I thought it was that the plugin in PSXReARMed had failed or something, so I closed it back to desktop and it was still doing it. Rebooted - still doing it, so I think that rules out any software issues. I tilted my screen a little bit, and the mess vanished. I haven't gotten the Pandora to do it again yet, which is why there's no photos - if it happens again I'll add some photos. Does this mean I have to RMA my unit? And if I do, will they just replace the LCD cable, or will keep it for a while till more Pandora parts are in and send me a new one? I don't want to be without my Pandora for ages, I've grown really attatched to it and I don't have any other handhelds or MP3 players...
Yes it is, it will likely be just when the hinge is at a certain place but over time it will probably get worse, I would wait to RMA it until things are a bit smoother especially since its not really a problem yet, although since it should just need the cable repairing should be a quick job for them to do, I waited till mine was really bad as I didnt wanna send it away, contact your seller.

As in my case, it is likely it'll slowly get worse. I had these every few days on/off, but it was only in certain angles so I didn't worry about it. Then I closed it and left it for a while one day, and came back to an entirely purple/green mess of a screen. It's probably best to wait until that stage really, or the issue may not be obvious to those fixing it. Good luck!

Are you shitting me?!

I literally just came out of general topic to look in the DEV section and saw this and a sudden realisation happened to me.

This shit happened to me last night!!!

ARRRRRGH f**k, b*llocks, c**t.

I was hoping ED or Craig might chime in, but you might want to contact your seller and check on an RMA since you don't want to open Pandoras box.

I sent an email to openpandorasales@gmail.com yesterday, no reply yet though. It's not gotten to the stage where it's weird colours at every angle, so I can still play games as long as I don't tilt the screen up. Hopefully they'll get back to me before it gets even worse.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

It happened to me today :(

I'll have to send my Panda baby to the hospital :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back