Pandora Pandora-psp

@ t3hmadhatt3r

What qualifies you to second guess the author of this emulator?

Have you also been developing a PSP emulator for the Pandora from the ground up too?

'x68000' said:
@ t3hmadhatt3r

What qualifies you to second guess the author of this emulator?
Pretty sure that would be the first amendment.

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't America, it's a forum.

Anyway, back on topic, I like the idea of this emulator, if it gets to any kind of usable state I'd have to donate.

'Titcher' said:

Anyway, back on topic, I like the idea of this emulator, if it gets to any kind of usable state I'd have to donate.
This isn't the U.S.A. it's a forum.

(America is the continent...)

This just isn't good...it's awesome!
All luck to you, even though I personally doubt it will be playable, I still have my hopes. It'san incredible challenge, and I will follow this project with extreme interest!

The thing that the pessimists dont seem to remember is that this is the first Pandora. More will come even more powerful than this one. So development that takes place now will be the stepping stones for future pandora's etc.

Good job too all the developers!

emot-monocle.gif

This deserves a special emoticon. Excellent work!

'Middo' said:
The thing that the pessimists dont seem to remember is that this is the first Pandora. More will come even more powerful than this one. So development that takes place now will be the stepping stones for future pandora's etc.

Good job too all the developers!
Which means a working less-than-real-time PSP emulator on the Pandora is equivalent to a working full-speed PSP emulator on a 'hardware revision' a few years from now.

I like this.

wow

if you actually make something of this great
good luck

i just hope one day ill be able to play Assassins Creed, Motorstorm, LittleBigPlanet (because i can), Resistance and the latest ea sport games on my pandora

although i doubt it, those games are said to push the hardware to its limits, but i believe its just a marketing scam

This whole thing reminds me of all the sceptics declaring DC emulation 'couldn't be done'. And then look what happened a few days ago.
One of the main reasons behind the Pandora was always the dedicated community. I expect to see more amazing things happen over the years.

You sir, must be halfway out of your mind to attempt such an undertaking, but I whole-heartedly applaud you for it. Good work and keep it up!

'PokeParadox' said:
'Titcher' said:

(America is a Super-Continent, like Eurasia)

'femngi' said:
This whole thing reminds me of all the sceptics declaring DC emulation 'couldn't be done'. And then look what happened a few days ago.
One of the main reasons behind the Pandora was always the dedicated community. I expect to see more amazing things happen over the years.
Most of us "sceptics" as you call us never said that DC emulation "couldn't be done". Rather, we claimed that it would never reach full-speed and would most likely turn out to be a highly-optimized Proof-of-Concept, much like the N64 emulator for the PSP.

Note: I know Daedalus is not meant to be a Proof-Of-Concept, when I say it, I mean it as something similar to a measure of playability. (i.e. "Look, my PSP can play N64" "Really? awesome! Wait... That's really slow....")

Note 2: I'm not trying to insult the PSP N64 emulator in anyway, I am just expressing my opinion that for most games, it is too slow to be playable.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing how this PSP emu pans out. I remember that getting people to port or code things that were at the edge of the GP2X's capabilities was next to impossible at the beginning, and here we are, not even with our Pandoras yet and there are already people working on PSP and DC emulators. Now if we could just find someone with the same drive as JayFoxRox to port or code from scratch an N64 emu, I will be one happy man.

-God Ginrai

All I can say is Kudos man! I remember when I was watching the PSP scene unfold how everyone said that GBA emulation was impossible and N64 emulation was a downright joke...if you can get anywhere close to what StrmnNormn (probably not spelled like he did) did with N64, with your PSP emulation, you will have achieved much, as well as Exophase and his brilliant work emulating the "impossible" GBA emulator...

I have faith that those dedicated to actually achieving the "impossible" as they did can make magic happen...the hard part is dealing with people who criticize every release that isn't 100% perfect and there were lots of them with the PSP...but as they say...good things come to those that wait...and I for one will enjoy watching this unfold to whatever conclusion it becomes as others have said the "next" Pandora will benefit from this no matter what....

So thanks man, this is going to take lots of precious time of your life to do...know that it will be appreciated.
Especially by people like myself who can't currently code a "Hello World" in these programming languages!

I agree with God Ginrai, if someone comes along dedicated to N64 like this...I think we are in for some real fun...Not being an expert of ANY kind...I honestly believe that seeing what the PSP CAN do with n64...that the Pandora could prove to be quite playable if not completely playable....and that would be something I as well as everyone else I would imagine, would absolutely love...

Well, I must admit that I am not expecting much, but I also do not know anything about programming so I will just sincerely say "good luck!".

PokeParadox said:

In most languages this is correct, but not in English (not where I live, anyway). In English, "North America" and "South America" are continents, while "America" refers to the country. What is "America" in Spanish is referred to as "North and South America" or "The Americas" in English.

You know what I think this really means?

The fact that knowledgeable developers are beginning to undertake projects once thought to be impossible in scope as soon as they become familiar with the Pandora's hardware means that it really must be mind-blowingly powerful to behold. They take one look at it and start attempting things that can barely (if at all) be made to work on overpowered PCs, let alone that anyone ever dreamed would be done on a handheld!

First DC, then PSP; I think I like where this trend is going!

And it's cool and inspiring to see people try to squeeze every computational drop of power from these systems and do what so many devices before them have never done...be used with every ounce of ability...I read in these forums how many times the more powerful machines lead to lazy or sloppy code...the extra power can compensate...but these guys who make sure that every clock of every chip is doing everything it can are in my opinion are the epitome of true genius or at the very least....mad obsession or true dedication! :D
If only All software was created and worked on as hard (thinking Windows for one...sad to have Vista touted for how many new lines of code it had...now they are trying to clean it up!)

Back