Pandora Qt On Pandora : A Reality ?

hlidegp2x

Hi,

pcsp, a psp emulator written in C++ is evolving to use Qt for gui and probably for core to increase portability of this emulator. I'd like to be sure a working Qt 4.X will be available on Pandora, so I can easily port pcsp on Pandora with a minimal change on the source. Can someone assert Qt 4.X is running on Pandora?

hlide said:
Hi,

pcsp, a psp emulator written in C++ is evolving to use Qt for gui and probably for core to increase portability of this emulator. I'd like to be sure a working Qt 4.X will be available on Pandora, so I can easily port pcsp on Pandora with a minimal change on the source. Can someone assert Qt 4.X is running on Pandora?
Yes.
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/repo/?pkgname=libqtcore4

Last edited by a moderator:
hlide said:
dflemstr said:

Since you're here :) . You're probably accustomed with QtCreator. I tried it briefly : how do you add files or folders in the project - only through .pro editing ? I couldn't find a similar way to MSVC to do so.
To include headers and other "#include"able things, add a line to your qmake ".pro" file that looks like so:
Code:
INCLUDEPATH += /some/folder

...and to include actual source files, just right click in the project view and choose "Add Existing Files...":
addad.png

hum...

dflemstr said:
hlide said:
Since you're here :) . You're probably accustomed with QtCreator. I tried it briefly : how do you add files or [virtual] folders in the project - only through .pro editing ? I couldn't find a similar way to MSVC to do so.

...and to include actual source files, just right click in the project view and choose "Add Existing Files...":
addad.png

So I cannot create "virtual" folders to organize source by their purpose (gui, emulation, hal, etc.) ?

hlide said:
So I cannot create "virtual" folders to organize source by their purpose (gui, emulation, hal, etc.) ?
I see no reason why you would want to organize your files in folders in the IDE while they remain unstructured in the actual source directory...

QtCreator provides several facilities that help you split up your project in actual folders that act like modules (Like solutions and projects work in VS, just that you can nest projects in QtCreator indefinitely), and you can make one module depend on another. This also makes files show up in actual directories in QtCreator, if nothing else. This is done by adding the "subdirs" template to your project. You have one "master" project that lists common configurations, and you can add subdir projects to that project:
Code:
#myproject.pro
SOURCES += main.cpp

# ...other stuff here...

TEMPLATE = subdirs
SUBDIRS += gui emulation hal

Code:
#gui/gui.pro
SOURCES += whatever.cpp

This is beautifully demonstrated in the source code of QtCreator itself (that, of course, also is built using qmake ".pro" files) which you can find here: http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/qt-creator-source-package (about 7MiB)

You can of course just have one project file where you add lines like "SOURCES += some/other/dir/with/a/file.cpp" if you don't need the modularity. (Files will show up unorganized, however)

I am not aware of a way to organize your files in a similar fashion to "Filters" in VisualStudio, but it might actually be possible. I'd look through the documentation if I were you.

Back