Pandora Pandora-psp

If you like, I can separate out the technical from the non-technical and move the hardcore coder stuff to the dev section.

Thats not necessary for now, I will collect some informations from the previous talk myself and create a techical information page on the projects homepage or a thread in the dev section. But I will contact you once I have that page done so you can remove some useless information from this thread - maybe you can even remove this thread (so I can create a new one) in the future because this thread doesn't contain any really important information and it has alot of offtopic talk in it. But I will contact you then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm quite happy with it on the regular forum. It's fun to read through and there isn't a whole lot other new discussion on the forum right now.

JayFoxRox said:
Thats not necessary for now, I will collect some informations from the previous talk myself and create a techical information page on the projects homepage or a thread in the dev section. But I will contact you once I have that page done so you can remove some useless information from this thread - maybe you can even remove this thread (so I can create a new one) in the future because this thread doesn't contain any really important information and it has alot of offtopic talk in it. But I will contact you then.
A moderator shouldn't even consider removing a thread unless it is offensive to users and irreperable.

Aside from that, I actually like seeing you, Exophase, and hlide making posts in the topic talking about these things, I find it really interesting.

-God Ginrai

Moved to: forum.openhandhelds.org/viewtopic.php?t=855
Requesting lock
//Edit: And moved back because nobody else switched forums. I thought it was an offical decision which would cause most people to move. Thanks to chip for locking / unlocking the topic though
<

The discussion continues here.

---

<Moved to Pandora-PSP Blog>

Holy crap this is a long thread. I've been looking but I can't see if it's possible to help you if I don't have any programming knowledge, and if I don't what do I need to help you with the grunt non code work.

I use Linux so that's not a problem, but do I need a Beagle Board or other ARM Linux computer? I have the Touch Book pre-ordered as well as the Pandora, so what ever gets in my hands I could use to help you.

Sorry if someone has asked before, but I got tired after searching through 3 of the 14 pages here.

JayFoxRox posted on Mar 29 2009 at 06:07 AM) - Emulator (Written in C++): Doing mips emulation and is based on the library - Library (Written in C++ compatible C said:
:
This is what I use right now. Its a wrapper for most calls provided by sony. Its also including the headers from the PSPSDK. What I do is basicly recompiling all the samples with the library so the samples run on x86 to make debugging easier.
For the MIPS emulation, could you use and/or fork qemu? http://www.nongnu.org/qemu/status.html says MIPS target is supported, and ARM host is in testing.

Nah, its probably more work for fix those instructions from qemu than writing my own one.
I doubt that qemu has allegrex support and thats the only real thing which would help. I don't want to throw other peoples code in this emulator neither to keep it easier to maintain myself because I know what everything does.
Most important CPU instructions are also done and the major part missing are the vector instructions which are PSP specific too if I'm not mistaken. If anyone wants to write their own plugins and / or cpu emulators - go ahead.. and drop me a message so we can talk about a possible plugin interface or merge the code.

hlide: sorry for still not sending you the stuff, I will probably just wait one more week because I'm through with all tests in school then so I can continue myself again, I will probably share some code then anyway, and sorry to
Guy Montag: for not finishing the interview yet, just have other things which are more important on my hands right now

The planned homepage entry was dropped for now but might come when I'm back because everyone who is following the project / visiting the page should know that I'm pausing right now.
Oh, and for those who think the page is not too good because there is no rss or so: I'm in the process of linking my whole project with the forums blog - every update is getting its own link in my gp32x blog then so are informed via rss.

Wowzers, JayFoxRox, I've been reading this entire thread from the beginning and I am amazed at what you have done so far (even though I don't understand most of it :p ). I'm really new to programming (Python, shit yeah), and I aspire to even ATTEMPT something on a magnitude such as this. Anyway, just keep up the awesome work that you have been doing, and I'm looking forward to all the upcoming updates!

EDIT: Also if there is any grunt, non-programming work that you need done I'd be more than willing to help.

Is the project still active? it will be really really awesome playing barbie-psp in my pandora... haha not really, but gta would rock in pandora.

i hope its still active :D I'd love a psp emulator. Pwns the PC, because the pc cant emulate psp :D

Brave Story, coded arms, socom, GTA, resistance retribution....all on the pandora....that would be one big WOW.

I've always been curious why this project was paused. Hopefully its just because of other priorities. I personally would like to continue learning Python but I got other priorites so I got to wait until school holidays. But I fear that this project would be close to impossible and this might be the reason. People have debated about N64 emulators not being possible on the Wiz so I would understand if this was the problem.

Shaun. said:
I've always been curious why this project was paused. Hopefully its just because of other priorities. I personally would like to continue learning Python but I got other priorites so I got to wait until school holidays. But I fear that this project would be close to impossible and this might be the reason. People have debated about N64 emulators not being possible on the Wiz so I would understand if this was the problem.

he stated it was paused because he doesnt have a pandora he will continue when he gets a pandora. Also don't expect it to be able to run all software. (just some distillery from a lot of pages of discussion)

nice to see that the project will continue active :) anyone else dream about playing barbie psp games on it? :rolleyes:

Seems to me like it's not even theoretically possible to emulate the psp on the pandora, because that system is just way way too advanced, so when I saw this thread I was like "that's totally insane"

Back