Pandora?....pffft...

:D Awesome hch! And Mali, I guess you're right, the 'joke' was a bit obscure and tensions here are high. But thanks for getting it;) I knew you understood instantly :)

Kuru, yeah its modded in. From the Forum in which this device was posted...

"Well guys, this 490 (bought brand new for this purpose), was intended to be the masterpiece of this forum...

This thing was intended to gather/use most of the knowledge brought here by the forum members:
-CPU upgrade=>most little core2duo in the world... brought here by Anh
-128gbssd (fast...)=>highest storage capacity for this size, SSDs have been discussed a lot here...
-3,5g+voice=>the features of the k3520/e169 were found be a member... making a UX able to be used as a very high end cellphone possible...
-W7=> fully working/adapted, drivers issues worked out by members
-MacosX=> works because of all the time consumed by forum's members to find the tricks to do it...

Then, you have:
-The best UX/higher speced ever made... far beyond Sony's design
-The best Macbook ever made, with a Tablet flavour... Apple have made nothing, that can be compared to it... (iphone features, with a full macosx...)
-The fastest netbook in the world...
-The most little laptop in the world...
-In short, a unique device, better than anything made by any company... made by ONE guy (Anh)... with the support of the members of this forum..."

Something to reward and consolidate the efforts of a grassroots type community. See the parallels? ;)

Edit: So torpor, I don't think it was meant to be practical, just to show off ;)

Edit: Also, this mod was posted in 2008, so it's old news technically.

Alerino said:
no gaming controls... i'm outta here...
next thread, please...

not true that there are no game controls.. there is a program out there that lets you use the mouse pointer as a joystick. very simple to use
its called uxgb or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a difference between appropriating an input device meant for another purpose, and an input device meant for a specific purpose. ;)

Or: Just because you stick one of these to a keyboard, it doesn't mean it works like a real joystick. :p

EDIT: Also, for the record, I got the humour of the first post and smiled. :p

Interesting. So it has a powerful CPU and a lame GPU. What kinds of applications benefit from this kind of power and portability? Anyone?

^^Yo momma!^^

lol, j/k man!

Seriously though Mr., I think that..."This thing was intended to gather/use most of the knowledge brought here by the forum members", nothing serious or meant to be duplicated. And come on, that is some serious soldering skill to make that feasible! :p

Edit: added up arrows to indicate response to Mr. Confuzed

Edit: Also, thx Prometheus for getting it, my jokes can be obtuse sometimes, but it's good to know others can get wth I am saying, lol.

I understand that the device is not intended to be mass produced. I just wanted to brainstorm unique uses for the platform. I'm thinking portable gamecube emulation.

Mr.Confuzed said:
I understand that the device is not intended to be mass produced. I just wanted to brainstorm unique uses for the platform. I'm thinking portable gamecube emulation.

I don't think Dolphin will run at playable speed on a low end Mobile C2D, or, for that matter, on that device's GPU. Winx86-exclusive MMO clients, maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back