Pandora Hardware Capable Of Opengl (not Es)?

'Butterman' said:
If we had OGL 2.0, porting shit would be a cakewalk.
*Me goes buy some cakes at the shop to walk over them*

/me walks over first cake: Fallout 3 ported to the Pandora :D
/me walks over another cake: Little Big Planet ported
/me walks over another cake: Hello Kitty: Online Adventure ported.

Ive got plenty of cakes left any requests for games?

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed: Fallout 3, Little Big Planet and Hello Kitty: Online Adventure now run on the Pandora at 60 FPS, and have full online support. Blog post, please.

Mithrildor said:
Butterman said:
If we had OGL 2.0, porting shit would be a cakewalk.
*Me goes buy some cakes at the shop to walk over them*

/me walks over first cake: Fallout 3 ported to the Pandora :D
/me walks over another cake: Little Big Planet ported
/me walks over another cake: Hello Kitty: Online Adventure ported.

Ive got plenty of cakes left any requests for games?
Obviously, the cake is a lie.

(Pandora Portal port confirmed)

(...lol)

Someone on the openpandora.org forums was working on reverse engineering the low level functionality, if he could get that done, it'd be feasible that a gallium3d driver for the SGX could be written, which would allow full OpenGL, and even Direct3D using WINE's libd3d, recompiled for ARM (obviously this is of little use, since you aren't going to find too many either native ARM Windows games (maybe a few of the Windows CE ones), nor many open source ones.

That said there are a number of interesting 3D engines I've seen that have source available but only run on Windows so far, so a gallium3d SGX driver could make porting things like this, and pretty much any game with source available, significantly easier.

For those interested, the thread was
CODE
http://forum.openpandora.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=341&sid=989dff43ca27709a21472fb24c59b889

Unfortunately it hasn't seen much activity lately, but if more people show interest, then it might pick up again.

Back