http://gdgt.com/openpandora/pandora/

iprice said:
pcklee123 said:
from $13.59

And it's "IN STOCK" at Amazon.com... :/

It's "Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorow" it has indexed <_<

EDIT: BTW, first post, hello everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I didn't set the price. I was going with the 200 euro which was 279 if i remember right. I think the $13.59 and availability on Amazon are autogenerated by some bad advertising engine.

Can't say I've ever heard of that site and it looks like it's just laiden with bad adverts and clickthrough affiliate links. Is there any particular reason we want to be on there?

GDGT is a start-up from the creators of Engadget and Gizmodo (Peter Rojas and Ryan Block) which is aimed at merging gadget reviews with the social aspects of the web (sort of a geek facebook for gadgets). The site officially launched a couple of weeks ago but promises to be an interesting comprehensive community-supported gadget resource in the future.

:D

Yeah, I just joined. I'd read about it on Engadget, and meant to sign up, but never got around to it until now. It's a very interesting idea, and I hope it gains some traction in the tech community.

I actually added it back when they sent me the email that it was going live, but for some reason it did not save. Glad someone got around to it.

I guess I never did get around to spending some time there, so it could be good to catch up some of the conversations.

Gdgt is good for two reasons:

1) You run an independent blog and want more traffic
2) You're really, really bored and have run out of XKCD comics and Slashvertisements to read

So far the only threads on this site for the Pandora have been ignorant idiots that call Linux homebrew "bunch of those tux linux games", say it has no worth because big developers won't make games for it, or who claim it's not open because you can't "download hardware"... whatever he meant by that.

What's the point of this site again?

michaeljustman said:
What's the point of this site again?

Ideally it will connect users of specific gadgets socially, provide feedback, and help look for new gadgets out there. Plus for the success of any device, people need to know about it so high traffic social sites are a good place to do so. :)

Also, GDGT.com is still far from finished, I think with a little time and elbow grease that site has a big future (Both Engadget and Gizmodo did great under Ryan and Peters "rule")

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably better waiting till the Pamdora is actually finished or till atleast we have a firm date of release for the masses ie the second batch onward.

To keep the newbies baying at each other while all the old wily foxes get the fresh kills on the new, cool shit, first?

Back